Pakistani police arrested an Imam on Sunday over accusations he had planted evidence on a Christian girl accused of burning a Koran, allegedly to frame her. Witnesses say the cleric tore pages from the Koran and planted them in the girl’s bag.Imam Khalid Chishti had previously presented police with evidence that Rimsha Masih – a Christian girl believed to be 11 to 14 years old who may also be mentally disabled – had committed blasphemy by burning pages of the Koran. He was arrested on Sunday after witnesses claimed he had falsified the evidence. “The imam was arrested after his deputy Maulvi Zubair and two others told a magistrate he added pages from the Koran to the burnt pages brought to him by a witness,” AFP quoted police official Munir Hussain Jafri as saying.“They protested that he should not add something to the evidence and he should give the evidence to the police as he got it and should not do this,” Jaffri said.Chishti allegedly responded by saying, “You know this is the only way to expel the Christians from this area.”Masihs arrest in August on blasphemy charges prompted international concern. Masih was accused by Chishti and others of burning pages of the Koran, an offense punishable by death under Pakistan’s blasphemy laws. Masih’s age is unknown, but she is believed to be around 14. A government-appointed medical board concluded that she is developmentally disabled, the BBC reported.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Nigeria: Kidnapped Politician Found Dead in Delta State - allAfrica.com ow.ly/tIYh50eHE1T 3 hours ago
- U.S. Prisoners Need Some Love - moorbey: U.S. Prisoners Need Some Love by Nellie Bailey and Glen Ford... ow.ly/WRJv50eHE1k 3 hours ago
- Hamilton 68: Tracking Putin's Propaganda Push... To America ow.ly/ioWY30fZU3a 4 hours ago
- ANF | From some rifles to an army: The history of the YPG - ANF | From some rifles to an army: The history of t... ow.ly/7Eon50eHBvs 4 hours ago
- Bertha Zúñiga, hija de la activista asesinada Berta Cáceres: ''Honduras tiene unas tasas de impunidad del 96%, ... ow.ly/mTeF50eHBvt 4 hours ago
- From some rifles to an army: The history of the YPG
- Trump Campaign Staffers Pushed Russian Propaganda Days Before the Election
- #USA / #Privacy / #Cybersecurity #Journalism / #eMail
- Bombardier’s attempt to enter US market: Boeing uses US state to crush its competitor
- Tensions rise between RCMP and First Nations against fish farms by Musgamagw Dzawada’enuxw Cleansing Our Waters, October 17, 2017
- #SouthAfrica / Africa / #Economics / #JacobZuma / #Corruption
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.