In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- People’s movement and another SFPD murder force Greg Suhr to… — FIRST NATIONS
- PressTV-‘Israel seeks extermination of Palestinians’
- Obama’s Foreign Policy? “Kill ’em all.” — Political Film Blog
- #Mapuche Resistance Group, Weichan Auka Mapu, Claims more than 30 Sabotage Attacks | Warrior Publications
- Haisla Nation in tough waiting game as LNG delayed — Warrior Publications
- UC Davis paid $175,000 or more to scrub police pepper spray incident from web searches ow.ly/xtll500OIyf 6 hours ago
- Pinochet directly ordered killing on US soil of Chilean diplomat, papers reveal ow.ly/Ua5a500Ogm3 13 hours ago
- Pinochet directly ordered killing on US soil of Chilean diplomat, papers reveal | World news | The Guardian ow.ly/aUBS300HGSd 14 hours ago
- Sick, locked up and 'told to make a will' - Sick, locked up and 'told to make a will' ow.ly/rzc1500OcuM 14 hours ago
- Turkish Armed Forces Commit Another Massacre in Roboski - KurdishQuestion.com ow.ly/xfHV500ObVU 14 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.