In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- IS offensive running out of steam after rebel-regime victories
- Bolivian-Venezuelan Military construction team begins work on TIPNIS highway
- New Paramilitary Attack in the Caracol of Resistance towards a New Dawn, La Garrucha
- Ninth Circuit (Largely) Rejects Alaska Eskimo Whaling Commission Challenge to Oil & Gas Exploration Permits
- Cybersquatters giving some US presidential candidates a bad name
- Human Rights - Free West Papua ow.ly/P1jqJ 8 hours ago
- 10 Most Censored Countries - Committee to Protect Journalists ow.ly/30MWts 10 hours ago
- Published on Jun 29, 2015 A Federal Heights police officer was... ow.ly/30MHr2 12 hours ago
- DOJ: Ferguson Police 'Violated' Free Speech Rights - DOJ: Ferguson Police 'Violated' Free Speech Rights: [readersu... ow.ly/30MFGL 12 hours ago
- Cuba becomes first nation ever to eradicate mother-to-baby HIV transmission ow.ly/30MFGM 12 hours ago