In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Germans surprised, disturbed at idea of Russian youth ‘storming Reichstag’ | Germany | DW.COM | 24.02.2017
- U.S. troops wounded in Iraqi offensive against Mosul
- Kim Jong-Nam killed by VX nerve agent: Malaysia police
- About 4,000 Russians among Insurgents in Syria: Putin – nsnbc international
- Drones can steal data from infected PCs by spying on blinking LEDs
- Kim Jong-Nam killed by VX nerve agent: Malaysia police - Kim Jong-Nam killed by VX nerve agent: Malaysia police... ow.ly/lqEy509MITT 40 minutes ago
- alexaweinstein: “Leading up to today Water Protectors and... ow.ly/o7sh509M4lS 10 hours ago
- I CARE - - France's Le Pen cancels meet with Lebanon grand mufti over headscarf ow.ly/ZYgS509M10f 11 hours ago
- Rachel B. Tiven is the Chief Executive Officer of Lambda Legal, the country’s oldest and largest LGBT legal org... ow.ly/LfnT509M0Pn 11 hours ago
- Racialism, Political Action & Progressive Euro-American Resistivity – Fighting Bias w/ @nowhitenonsense | APNSPRady… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.