In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Jeremy Corbyn and British Labour Friends of Israel
- Obama opts for “good cop” approach with encryption backdoors
- Islamic State ‘used mustard gas’ against peshmerga – BBC News
- Dissent on Israel Not Permitted at Bernie Sanders Event
- Editorial: Rudy Giuliani, a sellout on gun control stance – NY Daily News
- No, Conservatives, The UCC Shooter Was Not ‘Targeting Christians’ ow.ly/35hXVd 12 hours ago
- No, Conservatives, The UCC Shooter Was Not ‘Targeting Christians’ - Once again, as Bo Gardiner points out... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1vrsYM8 12 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo 'The Roosting of Right-Wing Extremist Chickens in Americas Gun-Happy Barnyard' tinyurl.com/p5wsdld http://t.co/i31fX0ojAt 12 hours ago
- The NRA Will Lose Its Sh*t Over This Twitter Feed That Shows All US Gun Violence In Real Time�(TWEETS) ‹ Reader — ... ow.ly/35hM8d 13 hours ago
- Cameron's attack on 'terrorist-sympathising' Corbyn resembles a McCarthyist witch-hunt ow.ly/35hM8e 13 hours ago