In late August, the New York Times reported: “[T]he International Atomic Energy Agency reported an increase in the number of centrifuges that Iran has installed in an underground enrichment plant that is largely invulnerable to Israeli attack, but also indicated that Iran has converted some of its most highly enriched fuel to a form that would be difficult to use in a weapon.”Netanyahus insistence on the urgent need for an attack against Iran has so far met with resistance from Israels military leaders, who worry that such a high-risk strategy could fail, thus further undermining Israels strategic position as it struggles to reckon with the winds of changes sweeping through the region, from Egypt to Syria.Rhetorically, though, Netanyahu is relying on the age-old mantra, introduced by Israels first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion, that the threat of a second Holocaust looms over Israel. He is doing so to conceal his true motives.First, Netanyahus right-wing government is under growing pressure from within Israel, facing growing bitterness at economic disparities as well as a lack of public confidence. Shifting the publics attention from inequality and the global financial crisis to a “national security threat” is a tried-and-true method to rally the nation and deflect anger from the Israeli political establishments own failings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- David Petraeus To Plead Guilty To Leaking Classified Information – BuzzFeed News
- Hispanics more likely than whites to say global warming is caused by humans | Pew Research Center
- PressTV-UAE financed Egypt military coup: Leaks
- Video Shows Los Angeles Police Shooting That Killed A Homeless Man – BuzzFeed News
- Israel Working With Al-Qaeda? « LobeLog
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'Conscious Being & Ethical Nothingness' (01.03.2015) is.gd/2NPjwq #RIP Joan Rodriguez (@Joanie399) 37 minutes ago
- Heard about the FBI Tracking of Keystone XL Activists? It’s Worse than You Thought. - markruffalo: If you... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1ew3ZWO 38 minutes ago
- NunatsiaqOnline 2015-03-03: NEWS: MLA takes Nunavut to task for opposing national MMIW inquiry ow.ly/2Vq37P 5 hours ago
- Republican State Senator: Poor, "Colored" People Are More Likely to Commit Crimes - Slog - The Stranger ow.ly/2Vq37Q 5 hours ago
- George's Blog - A Few Thoughts - George's Blog -- georgemallinckrodt.com Regarding chemical agents, both Julie Jo... ow.ly/2Vq37O 5 hours ago