“We are out seeking additional witnesses at this time and conducting a thorough investigation to ensure that the appropriate charges are presented to the district attorney’s office,” he said, adding that authorities were trying to determine the role each suspect played in the assault. When asked what made the attack a potential hate crime, he said: “During the course of the assault and prior to the assault, statements were made by the suspect and/or suspects, derogatory statements, regarding the victim’s sexual orientation.”The Marines were out on bail and have returned to their units, a Marine Corps’ spokesman told NBC News. They came into the bar late Sunday or early Monday. One of them allegedly made derogatory remarks to the man, according to media reports.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Dissent on Israel Not Permitted at Bernie Sanders Event
- Editorial: Rudy Giuliani, a sellout on gun control stance – NY Daily News
- Video shows NYPD cop pepper spray man after allegedly taking his cash | Fusion
- This Tattooed, Head-shaven, Straight-talking Mayor Wants to Be the Next Senator From Pennsylvania
- Anti-Muslim Protests Scheduled Nationwide: ‘Global Rally For Humanity’ Calls On Demonstrations In Front Of Mosques Across US Cities
- Did the Oregon Shooter Actually Target Christians? That Doesn’t Appear to Be the Case ow.ly/355WfS 8 hours ago
- (via Man Forgotten in Solitary Confinement For Years - YouTube) ow.ly/355Wa9 8 hours ago
- Video: (via Man Forgotten in Solitary Confinement For Years - YouTube) tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1veMuej 9 hours ago
- Video: David Pakman Show (via White Separatist Learns He’s Black, Home Vandalized by His Followers -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1veMeK1 9 hours ago
- (via Police Brutality VIDEO Cindy Hahn sues City of Carlsbad... ow.ly/355QEJ 9 hours ago