“We are out seeking additional witnesses at this time and conducting a thorough investigation to ensure that the appropriate charges are presented to the district attorney’s office,” he said, adding that authorities were trying to determine the role each suspect played in the assault. When asked what made the attack a potential hate crime, he said: “During the course of the assault and prior to the assault, statements were made by the suspect and/or suspects, derogatory statements, regarding the victim’s sexual orientation.”The Marines were out on bail and have returned to their units, a Marine Corps’ spokesman told NBC News. They came into the bar late Sunday or early Monday. One of them allegedly made derogatory remarks to the man, according to media reports.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Much torture in Turkish prisons — Dear Kitty. Some blog
- Petraeus would have to notify probation officer if named secretary of State
- World Bank’s Forest Carbon Partnership Facility “Has Not Saved a Single Hectare of Forest” — Global Justice Ecology Project
- Turkish warplane kills US American in Syria — Dear Kitty. Some blog
- Notorious “Butcher of Kabul” warlord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar pardoned by the Afghan government
- Hillary Clinton’s “Corrupt Establishment” Is Now Advising Donald Trump ow.ly/QC2H5079ET5 1 hour ago
- HEIDEGGER'S CHILDREN: The Strange Rebirth of Anglo-Christian Extremism In The West ow.ly/Vp1Gd https://t.co/fA0sTNq2ip 3 hours ago
- Duke, Michigan State condemn fan's sign referencing Flint water crisis ow.ly/x06U5079x0R 3 hours ago
- Aboriginal News Group Staement on the Passing of Dr. Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz | APNS Novaĵagentejo… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- KING: Louisiana says Joe McKnight’s black life doesn’t matter ow.ly/N9WW5079lfB 4 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.