“We are out seeking additional witnesses at this time and conducting a thorough investigation to ensure that the appropriate charges are presented to the district attorney’s office,” he said, adding that authorities were trying to determine the role each suspect played in the assault. When asked what made the attack a potential hate crime, he said: “During the course of the assault and prior to the assault, statements were made by the suspect and/or suspects, derogatory statements, regarding the victim’s sexual orientation.”The Marines were out on bail and have returned to their units, a Marine Corps’ spokesman told NBC News. They came into the bar late Sunday or early Monday. One of them allegedly made derogatory remarks to the man, according to media reports.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Mumia Abu-Jamal Moved from Prison to Intensive Care, Supporters Seek Access and Answers | Democracy Now!
- Please take some time to show your solidarity with the Heiltsuk People!
- Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Prison Radio
- Government delivered a letter of protest against the decree Obama on the US Embassy (AUDIO) | RNV – Radio Nacional de Venezuela
- Arab states should “strike” Gaza like Yemen, says advisor to Mahmoud Abbas | The Electronic Intifada
- "Bad-Jacketing is a technique used to isolate and eliminate individuals from playing an effective..." ow.ly/2WL4na 28 minutes ago
- "Bad-Jacketing is a technique used to isolate and eliminate individuals from playing an effective role..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hHC5QG 1 hour ago
- "I know that Gov. Pence has tried to falsely suggest that the law that was signed in Indiana is the..." ow.ly/2WKZcU 1 hour ago
- "But as both NBC and ABC explained during their evening news reports on the newly passed measure,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hH96sP 1 hour ago
- Prosecutor dies of wounds after Istanbul hostage shootout | Egypt Independent ow.ly/2WKWh9 1 hour ago