The Portland Police Bureau has engaged in a “pattern and practice” of excessive use of force, particularly against mentally ill suspects, the U.S. Justice Department has concluded after a 14-month investigation.U.S. Attorney for Oregon Amanda Marshall announced the findings at a news conference Thursday.Marshall said the findings of the report were “grave and serious.”The report found problems with Portland Police Bureaus policies, training and supervision.Assistant U.S. Attorney General Thomas E. Perez pointed to deficiencies in Oregons statewide infrastructure for mental health. He added that it was impossible to ignore the “the tensions that exist” between police and communities of color in Portland.The federal inquiry also found that Portland police have too frequently used Taser stun guns on suspects.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Video Shows Los Angeles Police Shooting That Killed A Homeless Man – BuzzFeed News
- Israel Working With Al-Qaeda? « LobeLog
- 4th World Radyo: Conscious Being And Ethical Nothingness 01.03.2015
- Stratfor’s Global Forecast Report Torn to Bits by International Analysts / Sputnik International
- Anti-gay crusader had 250-page FBI file | TheHill
- "The claims in the message are nonsense. There are no credible reports about such a contamination...." ow.ly/2VnR5s 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'Conscious Being & Ethical Nothingness' (01.03.2015) is.gd/2NPjwq #RIP Joan Rodriguez (@Joanie399) #LeonardNimoy 2 hours ago
- "The claims in the message are nonsense. There are no credible reports about such a contamination...." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1er27xN 2 hours ago
- "In the aftermath of the tweets, both Criado-Perez and Creasy spoke of the lasting effect of abusive..." ow.ly/2Vmk7t 10 hours ago
- "In the aftermath of the tweets, both Criado-Perez and Creasy spoke of the lasting effect of abusive..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1eopUjI 10 hours ago