The Portland Police Bureau has engaged in a “pattern and practice” of excessive use of force, particularly against mentally ill suspects, the U.S. Justice Department has concluded after a 14-month investigation.U.S. Attorney for Oregon Amanda Marshall announced the findings at a news conference Thursday.Marshall said the findings of the report were “grave and serious.”The report found problems with Portland Police Bureaus policies, training and supervision.Assistant U.S. Attorney General Thomas E. Perez pointed to deficiencies in Oregons statewide infrastructure for mental health. He added that it was impossible to ignore the “the tensions that exist” between police and communities of color in Portland.The federal inquiry also found that Portland police have too frequently used Taser stun guns on suspects.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Deli Owner Hangs White Pride Sign In Window, Promptly Goes Out Of Business
- Former BCL workers reject local environmental knowledge in heated FB debate
- several more tedious pindosi media deceptions (but they come to light more often, too)
- DEA, US Army bought $1.2M worth of hacking tools in recent years | Ars Technica
- Feds Indict Houston PD ‘Officer of the Year’ for Trafficking Cocaine for Los Zetas Cartel – The True News
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/LIQkl 1 day ago
- "Hackers also leaked digital files that contained confidential information.@These files contained..." ow.ly/2XuB9j 1 day ago
- Chicago Offers Reparations Package to Police Torture Victims | BlackPressUSA ow.ly/2XuzJY 1 day ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/LIwOZ 1 day ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/LIwG9 1 day ago