Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Denver Police Tell Lies About Fatal Shooting Of Native American Paul Castaway
- 5 Craziest Cults Still Operating Today | The Strange List
- 4thWorldRadyo: #African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic ow.ly/Qlsq1 #SpokenWord #Knowledge 2 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/Qlsfd 2 hours ago
- The FBI is struggling to convince tech whizzes to take jobs at bureau - MarketWatch ow.ly/323Y04 3 hours ago
- #Palestinian baby burned to death after #settlers set fire to home - Israel - news | Haaretz ow.ly/322Fku 15 hours ago
- The new pirate radio crackdown: 400 stations closed in the past two years | Television & radio | The Guardian ow.ly/322C7g 16 hours ago