Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Africa: Ethiopia Marching to Be Third FDI Destination in Africa
- Australian minister says French submarine leak ’embarrassing’
- Held 14 Years Without Charge, CIA Torture ‘Guinea Pig’ Abu Zubaydah Asks for Freedom
- As France bans burkinis, Canada and Scotland let cops wear hijabs
- The Pentagon Plans for Autonomous Systems | RealClearDefense
- Hizbullah Shells Nusra Posts in Arsal Outskirts, Inflicts Casualties — Naharnet ow.ly/fazw503SGsI 35 minutes ago
- Press Release: Myanmar- Kofi Annan-led Commission on Rakhine State a Welcomed Move ow.ly/2UAQ503SGsG 35 minutes ago
- Herald.ng: Minister beaten to death by striking Bolivian miners ow.ly/8ZGY503SGsH 35 minutes ago
- Trump attacks Hillary's "criminal" foundation, forgets he donated $110,000 to it ow.ly/nwDi503RAQW 11 hours ago
- Held 14 Years Without Charge, CIA Torture 'Guinea Pig' Abu Zubaydah Asks for Freedom | Common Dreams | Breaking... ow.ly/OtpS503Rypt 12 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.