Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pennsylvania Seeks Mumia Abu-Jamal’s Execution via Medical Neglect
- Gawker: Report: Man Ejected From Somali Plane in Midair Was Suicide Bomber
- The Pentagon Just Released 200 Long-Awaited Photos Related to Detainee Abuse | VICE News
- Indicted Producers of Planned Parenthood Videos Accused of Using Fake Licenses
- DEA sees Hezbollah link to Colombian cartel | World War 4 Report
- Photo ow.ly/3b3yFz 1 hour ago
- (via Bill Clinton admits he’s destroyed millions of black... ow.ly/3b3uw7 2 hours ago
- FAQ : #Mumia Abu Jamal ow.ly/Y3z89 2 hours ago
- dafuqdidijustread: Pastor’s ‘Kill the Gays’ Rally Attended... ow.ly/3b34HX 7 hours ago
- #Texas Acknowledges Rangers Killed Hundreds of #Latinos During Early 20th Century ow.ly/3aZzUX 7 hours ago