Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Athens on edge after explosion severely damages buildings | World news | The Guardian
- What Did Tajikistan’s ISIS Colonel Learn From His American Training? | EurasiaNet.org
- China ‘cloning factory’ to produce cattle, racehorses and pets – Telegraph
- At least 18 complaints filed against CPD Officer Jason Van Dyke, now charged with murder | abc7chicago.com
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of Backing ISIS After It Downs Russian Warplane In Syria
- Nestlé admits slavery and coercion used in catching its seafood - Business - CBC News ow.ly/38jC6y 7 hours ago
- Athens on edge after explosion severely damages buildings | World news | The Guardian ow.ly/38jwpg 8 hours ago
- Serial killers, indigenous women and the RCMP’s missing data - The Globe and Mail ow.ly/38jwb0 8 hours ago
- 2015 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News - 2015 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News November 4, 2015 Myanmar (Bur... ow.ly/38jwaZ 8 hours ago
- ‘Serious consideration’ to be given to holding inquiry into Sheku Bayoh death | UK news | The Guardian ow.ly/38jwaY 8 hours ago