Source: IRIN MOMBASA, 14 September 2012 IRIN – Recent deadly clashes in Kenya stem from widespread economic frustration, chronic impunity and the ambitions of politicians seeking office, according to analysts and activists.As the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay noted, the timing of the latest clashes on the coast is alarming.“In Kenya, the recent inter-communal violence in the Tana River District, during which dozens were killed, including a large number of children and women, is a grim reminder of the 2007-08 events,” she said earlier this week, referring to the killings and displacement [ ] that followed the country’s last presidential poll.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Please take some time to show your solidarity with the Heiltsuk People!
- Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Prison Radio
- Government delivered a letter of protest against the decree Obama on the US Embassy (AUDIO) | RNV – Radio Nacional de Venezuela
- Arab states should “strike” Gaza like Yemen, says advisor to Mahmoud Abbas | The Electronic Intifada
- S.F. jail inmates forced to fight, public defender says – SFGate
- Fourth World Radyo: The Folly Of Racialist Nationalism ow.ly/L3BSj 47 minutes ago
- "I know that Gov. Pence has tried to falsely suggest that the law that was signed in Indiana is the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hGtwM3 56 minutes ago
- RCMP to release 'update' report on murdered, missing Indigenous women file in May | APTN National NewsAPTN Nationa... ow.ly/2WKShu 1 hour ago
- :: Organisations called on to fight community closures :: NEWS :: NIRS :: ow.ly/2WKSht 1 hour ago
- "HRC has endorsed “The Fairness for All Hoosiers Act” as a solution to stop the damage. The proposed..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hGrIFY 1 hour ago