EL-FASHER16 Sep. -Health Minister of the Darfur Regional Authority, Osman El-Bushra, revealed the spread of diseases such as leprosy, scabies, tuberculosis, night blindness, river blindness, malaria, schistosomiasis and typhoid among the population of Darfur.He attributes the spread of these diseases to malnutrition, poverty, a lack of health and therapeutic institutions, and the deteriorating security situation in the region. El-Bushra described the spread of drug abuse as an “epidemic on the rise” in Darfur, stressing that the abuse is getting “out of control”. He appealed to the authorities to address these issues and not just deal with them through security measures.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Greek neo-Nazi lawmaker who punched female MP acquitted | GlobalPost
- You’re always shedding DNA, and now the police can use it as evidence | The Verge
- PressTV-‘Michael Brown’s family to file suit’
- Virginia’s forced sterilization victims each to get $25k restitution payments for eugenics program — RT USA
- Canadian jailed for refusing to unlock his phone at the airport
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'American Sniper & American Exceptionalism' featuring @MichaelBucher single: #NotAMascot is.gd/zBl8qx & @bobkincaid 18 minutes ago
- The Mismeasures Of Revisionist #Afrocentrism ow.ly/K2cFg #AntiFa #Fascism #Propaganda #Conservatives #FarRight 1 hour ago
- "Thousands of people are expected to travel to Selma, Alabama, this weekend for the 50th anniversary..." ow.ly/2VBkd7 2 hours ago
- Eurozine - Privacy as a human right - Peter Schaar Edward Snowden and the control of power ow.ly/2VBiYS 2 hours ago
- #MustRead ow.ly/K22h6 3 hours ago