EL-FASHER16 Sep. -Health Minister of the Darfur Regional Authority, Osman El-Bushra, revealed the spread of diseases such as leprosy, scabies, tuberculosis, night blindness, river blindness, malaria, schistosomiasis and typhoid among the population of Darfur.He attributes the spread of these diseases to malnutrition, poverty, a lack of health and therapeutic institutions, and the deteriorating security situation in the region. El-Bushra described the spread of drug abuse as an “epidemic on the rise” in Darfur, stressing that the abuse is getting “out of control”. He appealed to the authorities to address these issues and not just deal with them through security measures.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- China ‘cloning factory’ to produce cattle, racehorses and pets – Telegraph
- At least 18 complaints filed against CPD Officer Jason Van Dyke, now charged with murder | abc7chicago.com
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of Backing ISIS After It Downs Russian Warplane In Syria
- Journalist on Shooting of Laquan McDonald By Chicago Police Officer: “It Was An Horrific Execution” | Democracy Now!
- What the final hours of Ms Dhu’s life tell us about our broken justice system
- New Anti-Terrorism Law Threatens Brazil’s Civil Society | RED POWER MEDIA ow.ly/38jf5E 2 hours ago
- Turkey’s Act of War | Under Siege - Turkey’s Act of War | Under Siege: Here is a rundown of what has happened s... ow.ly/38jf5D 2 hours ago
- China ‘cloning factory’ to produce cattle, racehorses and pets - Telegraph ow.ly/38jeHe 2 hours ago
- Nestlé admits to forced labour in its seafood supply chain in Thailand | EurActiv ow.ly/38iQuA 5 hours ago
- "Nativist Hysteria" Against Syrian Refugees Echoes U.S. Rejection of Jewish Refugees in 1930s | Democracy Now! ow.ly/38iJfs 6 hours ago