The Obama administration has closed the books on prosecutions of those who violated our laws by authorizing and conducting the torture and abuse of prisoners in U.S. custody.Last year, Attorney General Eric Holder decided that his office would investigate only two incidents, in which CIA interrogations ended in deaths. He said the Justice Department “has determined that an expanded criminal investigation of the remaining matters is not warranted.” With that decision, Holder conferred amnesty on countless Bush officials, lawyers and interrogators who set and carried out a policy of cruel treatment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- THE GREAT EUROPEAN EXPERIMENT FALLS APART
- NASCAR tells fans not to bring Confederate flags to races
- British artists against TTIP trade deal
- United States arms profits first, Bahraini human rights a poor second
- National/Guerrero: Nine months after the Ayotzinapa atrocity, relatives express that they will not be silenced
- They died so we could vote: James Chaney, Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman ow.ly/30Yn2F 13 hours ago
- Israel killed 23 Palestinians since start of 2015: PLO - Israel killed 23 Palestinians since start of 2015: PLO: [... ow.ly/30Y3fB 16 hours ago
- 'They burned Mohammed once, but we burn every day': One year since the murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir ow.ly/30Y3fC 16 hours ago
- Black Woman Artist Poses Nude at Former New York City Slave Trading Sites, Including Wall Street | Black Girl with... ow.ly/30Y3fD 16 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #Genocide, #Totalitarianism & #HumanRights In #OccupiedGaza w/ #AntiZionist activist @Thalwen ow.ly/PcnQJ 17 hours ago