The Obama administration has closed the books on prosecutions of those who violated our laws by authorizing and conducting the torture and abuse of prisoners in U.S. custody.Last year, Attorney General Eric Holder decided that his office would investigate only two incidents, in which CIA interrogations ended in deaths. He said the Justice Department “has determined that an expanded criminal investigation of the remaining matters is not warranted.” With that decision, Holder conferred amnesty on countless Bush officials, lawyers and interrogators who set and carried out a policy of cruel treatment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Criminal misconduct within the Baltimore Police Department dominates the reasons for terminations. - Baltimore Sun ow.ly/33tLCl 1 hour ago
- Albino and proud: DR Congo first-of-a-kind festival promotes persecuted minority | Mail & Guardian Africa ow.ly/33tLCk 1 hour ago
- Keeping Police Misconduct Secret | East Bay Express - Keeping Police Misconduct Secret | East Bay Express: It seem... ow.ly/33tLCj 1 hour ago
- What this German football club just did highlights Britain's shameful record on refugees ow.ly/33tLep 1 hour ago
- What this German football club just did highlights Britain's shameful record on refugees -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1tHvcKO 1 hour ago