The Italian authorities will be urged to end systematic housing discrimination against Roma across the country on Saturday 22 September, when thousands of Amnesty International supporters across the world take part in a Global Day of Action.Activists from Bermuda to Poland, from Iceland to Mali, will demand that Italian Prime Minister, Mario Monti, acts swiftly to stop the ongoing human rights violations suffered by Roma, including forced evictions and segregation.”Back in February Mario Monti’s government promised the European Union that it would stop segregation and promote access to adequate housing for Roma. More than six months have passed and nothing has been done to fulfil such promises,” said David Diaz-Jogeix, Deputy Director of Amnesty Internationals Europe and Central Asia Programme.Published earlier this month, the Amnesty International briefing On the edge: Roma, forced evictions and segregation in Italy highlights the fact that, despite Italy’s highest administrative court ruling 10 months ago that emergency laws known as the “Nomad Emergency” were unlawful, thousands of Roma continue to suffer violations of their right to adequate housing.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Stoltenberg: NATO To Defend All European States
- Longtime Prisoner Leonard Peltier Gets New Ally, His Son, In Fight For Freedom (Photos)
- DEMAND ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE FOR POLITIkAL PRISONER ROBERT SETH HAYEZ!
- Newspaper That Printed Letter Calling For Obama’s Execution: Oops!
- Volume 4, Issue 1 has been published!
- Israel’s president calls BDS a ‘strategic threat’ | 972 Magazine ow.ly/2ZcFZs 55 minutes ago
- Youth among the dead at Kentex � Bulatlat - Youth among the dead at Kentex � Bulatlat: Like other relatives of wor... ow.ly/2ZcFZq 55 minutes ago
- Irak: près 500 corps exhumés des fosses communes de Tikrit - Moyen-Orient - RFI ow.ly/2ZcFZr 55 minutes ago
- "Hiwa-hiwalay na software o proyekto ang bumubuo sa operating system (OS) na GNU/Linux. Libu-libong..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lumNLJ 1 hour ago
- FYI: La Zapatistas – The Ongoing Struggle Against neo-Colonialism w/ @angrywhitekid - APNS Public Radyo wp.me/p3dV9c-5b 1 hour ago