The Italian authorities will be urged to end systematic housing discrimination against Roma across the country on Saturday 22 September, when thousands of Amnesty International supporters across the world take part in a Global Day of Action.Activists from Bermuda to Poland, from Iceland to Mali, will demand that Italian Prime Minister, Mario Monti, acts swiftly to stop the ongoing human rights violations suffered by Roma, including forced evictions and segregation.”Back in February Mario Monti’s government promised the European Union that it would stop segregation and promote access to adequate housing for Roma. More than six months have passed and nothing has been done to fulfil such promises,” said David Diaz-Jogeix, Deputy Director of Amnesty Internationals Europe and Central Asia Programme.Published earlier this month, the Amnesty International briefing On the edge: Roma, forced evictions and segregation in Italy highlights the fact that, despite Italy’s highest administrative court ruling 10 months ago that emergency laws known as the “Nomad Emergency” were unlawful, thousands of Roma continue to suffer violations of their right to adequate housing.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- WordPress Sites Vulnerable to Plugin-Related SQL Attacks | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- ‘Ex-Israeli agents’ threatened cyber attack on S Africa – Al Jazeera English
- Gemalto Doesn’t Know What It Doesn’t Know – The Intercept
- Who is responsible for death threats from a Twitter bot?
- Bill O’Reilly allegedly threatens reporter amid accusations that he lied about Falklands War coverage – Americas – World – The Independent
- UAE Three women held in secret detention over tweets | Amnesty International ow.ly/2VgBqN 1 hour ago
- "There are very few African American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being..." ow.ly/2VgA1f 1 hour ago
- World opinion is against the Conservatives on missing and murdered indigenous women | Press Progress ow.ly/2Vgx7L 2 hours ago
- "There are very few African American men in this country who haven’t had the experience of being..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1eaJSBD 2 hours ago
- "At a meeting on Friday in Taos, New Mexico, Native American leaders weighed a handful of proposals..." ow.ly/2Vgq8E 3 hours ago