The Italian authorities will be urged to end systematic housing discrimination against Roma across the country on Saturday 22 September, when thousands of Amnesty International supporters across the world take part in a Global Day of Action.Activists from Bermuda to Poland, from Iceland to Mali, will demand that Italian Prime Minister, Mario Monti, acts swiftly to stop the ongoing human rights violations suffered by Roma, including forced evictions and segregation.”Back in February Mario Monti’s government promised the European Union that it would stop segregation and promote access to adequate housing for Roma. More than six months have passed and nothing has been done to fulfil such promises,” said David Diaz-Jogeix, Deputy Director of Amnesty Internationals Europe and Central Asia Programme.Published earlier this month, the Amnesty International briefing On the edge: Roma, forced evictions and segregation in Italy highlights the fact that, despite Italy’s highest administrative court ruling 10 months ago that emergency laws known as the “Nomad Emergency” were unlawful, thousands of Roma continue to suffer violations of their right to adequate housing.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Support Grows for a National Commission on Reparatory Justice
- Why You Mad Son? Radio | Facebook
- Virginia gunman was told by TV station to seek medical attention, memos say | US news | The Guardian
- COINTELPRO warrior Dhoruba bin Wahad attacked by New Black Panther Party – National Cointelpro | Examiner.com
- LAPD & Chicago bought “Stingrays on steroids” with asset-forfeiture & DHS money – Boing Boing
- Palestinian Women, Children Stop IDF Soldier Detaining a Minor - Diplomacy and Defense - Haaretz ow.ly/33mlJL 7 hours ago
- Michigan court says juveniles can be raped and abused in prison ow.ly/33lJhG 14 hours ago
- "The term “less than lethal” is thrown around to make tasers, which have been responsible for..." ow.ly/33lIIT 14 hours ago
- "The term “less than lethal” is thrown around to make tasers, which have been responsible for hundreds..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1t2AP6z 15 hours ago
- Michigan Bar Strips Racist Author Kyle Bristow of Short-Story Award | Southern Poverty Law Center ow.ly/33lB3G 15 hours ago