The Italian authorities will be urged to end systematic housing discrimination against Roma across the country on Saturday 22 September, when thousands of Amnesty International supporters across the world take part in a Global Day of Action.Activists from Bermuda to Poland, from Iceland to Mali, will demand that Italian Prime Minister, Mario Monti, acts swiftly to stop the ongoing human rights violations suffered by Roma, including forced evictions and segregation.”Back in February Mario Monti’s government promised the European Union that it would stop segregation and promote access to adequate housing for Roma. More than six months have passed and nothing has been done to fulfil such promises,” said David Diaz-Jogeix, Deputy Director of Amnesty Internationals Europe and Central Asia Programme.Published earlier this month, the Amnesty International briefing On the edge: Roma, forced evictions and segregation in Italy highlights the fact that, despite Italy’s highest administrative court ruling 10 months ago that emergency laws known as the “Nomad Emergency” were unlawful, thousands of Roma continue to suffer violations of their right to adequate housing.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Dirty tricks carried out for CSIS: ex-agent – The Globe and Mail
- Pro-Trump Alex Jones Threatens Violence Against Supporters Of “Inhuman, Parasitical Maggot,” “Hitler” Bernie Sanders
- Beef eating bad for environment: Experts – The Economic Times
- US Destroyed Evidence In Trial Of Accused 9/11 Masterminds
- Operation Snow White – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- US Officials Responsible for Torture Should Be Prosecuted Under Nuremberg Protocols | OffGuardian ow.ly/V1kB500BWus 10 hours ago
- New Law Eliminates Outdated Minority References Like "Oriental" From All Federal Laws - Mic ow.ly/PGyZ500BWut 10 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/IsE0300vPiI 11 hours ago
- Justice Thomas Doesn’t See Anything Wrong With Excluding Jurors Based On Race ow.ly/1Lkl500BTBT 11 hours ago
- 5 Republicans Who Oppose Gays But Support Serial Child Molester Dennis Hastert | Unicorn Booty ow.ly/nwTS500BPOL 12 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.