Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Stoltenberg: NATO To Defend All European States
- Longtime Prisoner Leonard Peltier Gets New Ally, His Son, In Fight For Freedom (Photos)
- DEMAND ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE FOR POLITIkAL PRISONER ROBERT SETH HAYEZ!
- Newspaper That Printed Letter Calling For Obama’s Execution: Oops!
- Volume 4, Issue 1 has been published!
- Calls for public inquiry into Saskatchewan's over incarceration of Aboriginal people | APTN National NewsAPTN Nati... ow.ly/2Zcvtj 25 minutes ago
- Iranian cartoon features Netanyahu leading Islamic State - Israel News, Ynetnews ow.ly/2Zcvti 25 minutes ago
- America taking notice of Fraser Institute’s “misleading” research - Press Progress ow.ly/2Zcvtk 25 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: La #Zapatistas - The Ongoing Struggle Against #neoColonialism w/ @angrywhitekid is.gd/l4t1wD #Indigenismo #Mexico 26 minutes ago
- America taking notice of Fraser Institute’s “misleading” research - Press Progress ow.ly/2Zcm9b 45 minutes ago