Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- itsgoingdown.org: This is a Call to Action Against Slavery in America
- Anthrax sickens 13 in western Siberia, and a thawed-out reindeer corpse may be to blame – The Washington Post
- Second National Democratic Committee Confirms It Was Hacked
- French daily Le Monde to stop publishing pictures of terrorists in order to avoid ‘glorifying them in death’ – Press Gazette
- FBI investigating hack of another Democratic committee | TheHill
- #Dallas Cop Breaks Rank, Says #Blacks Wrongly Arrested to Fill #Quotas, Warns National Guard May Be Used ow.ly/hKzB302Kgyh 6 minutes ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/4ZcX302KaRw 36 minutes ago
- Police told to prioritise anti-immigrant hate crimes as true nature of post-referendum racism is revealed | UK ... ow.ly/3F5L502VQNF 50 minutes ago
- 'An explosion of blatant hate' - true extent of post-referendum racism revealed ow.ly/7aXf502VQrg 51 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo seeks #DecentAmericans to discuss #LorneAhrens & #WhiteSupremacy in the #Military/Law Enforcement / Pls DM @TheAngryindian 1 hour ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.