Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Denver Police Tell Lies About Fatal Shooting Of Native American Paul Castaway
- 5 Craziest Cults Still Operating Today | The Strange List
- We know the victims, but not the killers: More transparency needed when Ontario police kill | Metro ow.ly/31ZW7f 2 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/Qg7AA 3 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent Aboriginals ow.ly/Qg74d 3 hours ago
- Norman G. Finkelstein: Has Amnesty International Lost Its Way? (Part 4) ow.ly/31Zn80 8 hours ago
- How the Flag Came Down | The Aspen Journal of Ideas - How the Flag Came Down | The Aspen Journal of Ideas: During ... ow.ly/31Zghm 9 hours ago