Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Obama administration spied on German media, government – CNNPolitics.com
- Officer of the Year Eric Casebolt’z brutality inspirez courageouz youth to fight back (Black)
- Police Officer Shooting At Dog Hits Nearby Toddler, Leaves ‘Without Offering Help’
- IS offensive running out of steam after rebel-regime victories
- Bolivian-Venezuelan Military construction team begins work on TIPNIS highway
- SA farm attacks to be raised at Aussie conference on crime victims | News24 ow.ly/30UHP5 1 hour ago
- "At first when they had contacted the company regarding reports from sources at several banks who..." ow.ly/30UwN5 3 hours ago
- Charges possible against church shooter’s associates | The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer ow.ly/30Utq0 3 hours ago
- "At first when they had contacted the company regarding reports from sources at several banks who..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1ogzQ6L 3 hours ago
- #DylannRoof: #neoConfederate #Terrorism & #CaucasianParanoia In North America w/ @violentfanon --> APNS Public Radyo is.gd/5AmeNS 3 hours ago