Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Copz are still shooting to kill at Amerika’z largest police-training exercise | Moorbey’z Blog
- Trump: The Russian Connection Part 1- Carter Page
- Is Human Rights Watch Too Closely Aligned With US Foreign Policy? | The Nation
- Confirmed: Gary Johnson an Imbecile — Political Film Blog
- Michelle Obama’s passport ‘leaked online by hackers’ – but is it a fake? – Mirror Online
- Finländare samlade sina krafter mot rasism | Inrikes svenska.yle.fi ow.ly/5TN0504OshH 2 days ago
- Azeem Ibrahim: The Hypocrisy of Aung San Suu Kyi - Azeem Ibrahim: The Hypocrisy of Aung San Suu Kyi ow.ly/aXKn504Osik 2 days ago
- The Hypocrisy of Aung San Suu Kyi | Huffington Post ow.ly/vri4304wW9w 2 days ago
- revolutionaryeye: See:-... - revolutionaryeye: See:- bbc.com/news/world-eur… ow.ly/aPVG504OpW8 2 days ago
- Someone clue-in this RWNJ fool that I am not a #Liberal. Most liberals think White Power idiots have a point. twitter.com/DeplorableBrie… 2 days ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.