Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Jeremy Corbyn and British Labour Friends of Israel
- Obama opts for “good cop” approach with encryption backdoors
- Islamic State ‘used mustard gas’ against peshmerga – BBC News
- Dissent on Israel Not Permitted at Bernie Sanders Event
- Editorial: Rudy Giuliani, a sellout on gun control stance – NY Daily News
- No, Conservatives, The UCC Shooter Was Not ‘Targeting Christians’ ow.ly/35hXVd 14 hours ago
- No, Conservatives, The UCC Shooter Was Not ‘Targeting Christians’ - Once again, as Bo Gardiner points out... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1vrsYM8 14 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo 'The Roosting of Right-Wing Extremist Chickens in Americas Gun-Happy Barnyard' tinyurl.com/p5wsdld http://t.co/i31fX0ojAt 14 hours ago
- The NRA Will Lose Its Sh*t Over This Twitter Feed That Shows All US Gun Violence In Real Time�(TWEETS) ‹ Reader — ... ow.ly/35hM8d 15 hours ago
- Cameron's attack on 'terrorist-sympathising' Corbyn resembles a McCarthyist witch-hunt ow.ly/35hM8e 15 hours ago