Zombie PCs also often become spammers themselves, sending out dozens of infected emails to friends, or even people you don’t know – and building the botnets even further, as their criminal masters fade into the background.‘A huge amount of malware is still spread through email attachments,’ says Orla Cox. ‘Although there’s an increase in high-tech methods such as ‘drive-by downloads’, where infected advertising banners and websites are used to spread malicious software, the ‘traditional’ way of spreading infection via spam is still hugely popular.’‘The social engineering is becoming cleverer,’ says Cox. ‘You’ll receive a fake package order, fake invoices – but when you click on the attachment, your computer becomes infected.’Up-to-date protection software and an updated operating system such as Windows will help to defend against such infections before they occur – a much easier way to stay safe than the often-lengthy process of repairing the damage after it occurs.It’s also worth noting that law enforcement won’t treat you as a criminal if you are a victim of this sort of attack. But the best defence of all is, of course, not being a victim in the first place.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The Pentagon Just Released 200 Long-Awaited Photos Related to Detainee Abuse | VICE News
- Indicted Producers of Planned Parenthood Videos Accused of Using Fake Licenses
- DEA sees Hezbollah link to Colombian cartel | World War 4 Report
- New U.S. intelligence report says Islamic State weaker | Reuters
- Body pulled from Lake Ontario ID’d as Toronto police officer – Toronto – CBC News
- micdotcom: Watch: This haunting drone footage of a Sryian city... ow.ly/3b0f7v 7 hours ago
- APNSPR: Why are some on the Left & Far-Left shedding tears over Lavoy Finicum, the Hammonds & the #BundyMilitia?? is.gd/X1tDjl 9 hours ago
- The Martyrdom of Leonard Peltier | Outside Online - The Martyrdom of Leonard Peltier | Outside Online - On the ... ow.ly/3b09z8 9 hours ago
- "“That kind of news is very welcome. I look forward to discussing that with the Saudi defense..." ow.ly/3b09nq 9 hours ago
- The Martyrdom of #LeonardPeltier | Outside Online | [Modern Times] ow.ly/Y0VPZ 9 hours ago