By Richard Engel and Robert Windrem — NBC NewsUpdated: 11:14 a.m. ET — Deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissident group that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service, U.S. officials tell NBC News, confirming charges leveled by Iran’s leaders. ROCK CENTER EXCLUSIVE The group, the People’s Mujahedin of Iran, has long been designated as a terrorist group by the United States, accused of killing American servicemen and contractors in the 1970s and supporting the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran before breaking with the Iranian mullahs in 1980.The attacks, which have killed five Iranian nuclear scientists since 2007 and may have destroyed a missile research and development site, have been carried out in dramatic fashion, with motorcycle-borne assailants often attaching small magnetic bombs to the exterior of the victims’ cars.U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the Obama administration is aware of the assassination campaign but has no direct involvement.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Iran-backed rebels loot Yemen files about U.S. spy operations – LA Times
- Palestinians prepared to trigger case as they join ICC | Egypt Independent
- Mumia Abu-Jamal Moved from Prison to Intensive Care, Supporters Seek Access and Answers | Democracy Now!
- Please take some time to show your solidarity with the Heiltsuk People!
- Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Prison Radio
- Photo: idlenomorewisconsin:A declaration to the Feds to put the Kinder Morgan pipeline on hold The mayors... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hJlZz4 29 minutes ago
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE- Klamath Tribal Members Refuse to Support Water Settlement -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hJlP3u 30 minutes ago
- Indiana pizza shop won't serve gays, owner says 'we're not discriminating against anyone' ow.ly/2WMRcn 45 minutes ago
- Nationalia - Two main Catalan parties, civil society organizations agree on 18-month roadmap to independence ow.ly/2WMRco 45 minutes ago
- Palestinians prepared to trigger case as they join ICC | Egypt Independent ow.ly/2WMRcm 45 minutes ago