President Francois Hollande denounced Le Pen’s comments, saying, according to AFP, “Everything that tears people apart, opposes them and divides them is inappropriate, and we must apply the rules, the only rules that we know, the rules of the Republic and secularism.” Jean-Francois Cope, who leads the right-wing UMP party of former president Nicolas Sarkozy, said Le Pen showed little understanding of France’s much-vaunted secular traditions. “Marine Le Pen wants to ban any signs of religion on the street, starting with the veil and the kippah,” AFP quoted him as having said. “By doing this, she shows she understands nothing of secularism. Secularism is not the eradication of all religious expressions in society.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Held 14 Years Without Charge, CIA Torture ‘Guinea Pig’ Abu Zubaydah Asks for Freedom
- As France bans burkinis, Canada and Scotland let cops wear hijabs
- The Pentagon Plans for Autonomous Systems | RealClearDefense
- WhatsApp to share users’ phone numbers with Facebook for targeted ads
- Trump’s Net Worth Isn’t His Only Claim That’s Fake | The Fiscal Times
- Trump attacks Hillary's "criminal" foundation, forgets he donated $110,000 to it ow.ly/nwDi503RAQW 6 hours ago
- Held 14 Years Without Charge, CIA Torture 'Guinea Pig' Abu Zubaydah Asks for Freedom | Common Dreams | Breaking... ow.ly/OtpS503Rypt 7 hours ago
- Report: Pakistan school textbooks riddled with religious 'hate material' ow.ly/hukQ503R30W 13 hours ago
- #Fis4Fascism (& #TheAryanAbattoir) An #Antifa.scismus anti- #AltRight Notebook tinyurl.com/qbsjlr5 https://t.co/ltJg235FST 13 hours ago
- The Mismeasures Of Revisionist #Afrocentrism ow.ly/UG8g0 #Propaganda #BlackConservatives #AltRight https://t.co/cg8W5JdCfy 13 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.