President Francois Hollande denounced Le Pen’s comments, saying, according to AFP, “Everything that tears people apart, opposes them and divides them is inappropriate, and we must apply the rules, the only rules that we know, the rules of the Republic and secularism.” Jean-Francois Cope, who leads the right-wing UMP party of former president Nicolas Sarkozy, said Le Pen showed little understanding of France’s much-vaunted secular traditions. “Marine Le Pen wants to ban any signs of religion on the street, starting with the veil and the kippah,” AFP quoted him as having said. “By doing this, she shows she understands nothing of secularism. Secularism is not the eradication of all religious expressions in society.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Video Shows Los Angeles Police Shooting That Killed A Homeless Man – BuzzFeed News
- Israel Working With Al-Qaeda? « LobeLog
- 4th World Radyo: Conscious Being And Ethical Nothingness 01.03.2015
- Stratfor’s Global Forecast Report Torn to Bits by International Analysts / Sputnik International
- Anti-gay crusader had 250-page FBI file | TheHill
- "The claims in the message are nonsense. There are no credible reports about such a contamination...." ow.ly/2VnR5s 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'Conscious Being & Ethical Nothingness' (01.03.2015) is.gd/2NPjwq #RIP Joan Rodriguez (@Joanie399) #LeonardNimoy 2 hours ago
- "The claims in the message are nonsense. There are no credible reports about such a contamination...." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1er27xN 2 hours ago
- "In the aftermath of the tweets, both Criado-Perez and Creasy spoke of the lasting effect of abusive..." ow.ly/2Vmk7t 10 hours ago
- "In the aftermath of the tweets, both Criado-Perez and Creasy spoke of the lasting effect of abusive..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1eopUjI 10 hours ago