2/10/2012- The OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media, Dunja Mijatoviæ, commended today the decision by the Verkhovna Rada (the parliament) of Ukraine to reject re-criminalization of defamation. “I welcome the fact that Ukrainian legislators took note of the concerns of civil society and the media community and decided not to adopt the amendment to re-establish criminal liability for defamation,” said Mijatoviæ. In September, Mijatoviæ expressed her concern over the adoption by the Rada in the first reading of the draft law reintroducing criminal liability for libel. She said this draft legislation, if adopted, would be a serious setback for media freedom. “I have always urged OSCE participating States to decriminalize defamation and protect journalists from criminal prosecution.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Anti-gay crusader had 250-page FBI file | TheHill
- On the blacklist: how did the UK’s top building firms get secret information on their workers? | UK news | The Guardian
- WordPress Sites Vulnerable to Plugin-Related SQL Attacks | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- ‘Ex-Israeli agents’ threatened cyber attack on S Africa – Al Jazeera English
- Gemalto Doesn’t Know What It Doesn’t Know – The Intercept
- "Cleveland officials stated they could not fully respond to most of the counts because of an ongoing..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1ejhi4U 1 hour ago
- "A comparative risk assessment of drugs including alcohol and tobacco using the margin of exposure..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1ejfdon 1 hour ago
- Centering the voices of people who trade or sell sex in indigenous anti-violence organizing: Statement from the In... ow.ly/2VikVJ 17 hours ago
- Swastikas spray-painted on cars lead to hate-crime probe in Montreal - Montreal - CBC News ow.ly/2VijF7 17 hours ago
- Centering the voices of people who trade or sell sex in indigenous anti-violence organizing: Statement from... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1efqLeC 18 hours ago