2/10/2012- The OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media, Dunja Mijatoviæ, commended today the decision by the Verkhovna Rada (the parliament) of Ukraine to reject re-criminalization of defamation. “I welcome the fact that Ukrainian legislators took note of the concerns of civil society and the media community and decided not to adopt the amendment to re-establish criminal liability for defamation,” said Mijatoviæ. In September, Mijatoviæ expressed her concern over the adoption by the Rada in the first reading of the draft law reintroducing criminal liability for libel. She said this draft legislation, if adopted, would be a serious setback for media freedom. “I have always urged OSCE participating States to decriminalize defamation and protect journalists from criminal prosecution.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- More #Russia
- An Alabama Prison’z Unrelenting Descent Into Violence | Moorbey’z Blog
- No need for ISPs to tell you what info they’re slurping up
- Chiapas: Conflict between Parties Unleashes Violence in Chenalho
- News in brief: Alabama considers porn filters; Samsung launches new Galaxy; celeb’s Instagram hacked – Naked Security
- The long, twisted, and bizarre history of the Trump-Russia scandal ow.ly/qVT150aw07r 1 hour ago
- #Mumia 1 hour ago
- If U like #ProgressiveTalkRadio Please support @bobkincaid & the @TheHORN #Radio programme ow.ly/nilB5 : ow.ly/nilHG 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: The Ides of March: EasyD & the Unbearable Mishegoss of Compromised American Politics w/ @BobKincaid… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- An Alabama Prison’z Unrelenting Descent Into Violence - moorbey: An Alabama Prison’z Unrelenting Descent Into V... ow.ly/4m8J50avXWp 1 hour ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.