NEW YORK — [HuffPo] An unarmed 22-year-old man shot and killed by a New York City police officer during a traffic stop in Queens Thursday morning was a member of the New York Army National Guard, authorities said.Police said Noel Polanco was speeding and driving erratically near LaGuardia Airport just after 5 a.m. when he was pulled over by officers. New York Police Department sources initially told news outlets that as two officers approached the car, Polanco reached under his seat, prompting Detective Hassam Handy to shoot him once in the stomach. Polanco died shortly after being taken to a nearby hospital.No weapons were recovered from the car, but a hand drill was found under the driver’s seat, police said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Is the TSA Pressuring Americans Into Submitting to Background Checks? | American Civil Liberties Union
- Why are Canadian troops in Iraq wearing Kurdish flag? – Al Jazeera English
- Cops Are Creating Totally Bogus Facebook Profiles Just So They Can Arrest People
- 4th World Radyo : TheAngryindian in conversation with UK Human Rights Activist KrustyAllslopp
- How Britain funds the ‘propaganda war’ against Isis in Syria | World news | The Guardian
- KING: If you support Donald Trump, then you are a bigot as well ow.ly/8K8X2q 1 day ago
- Nine more suicide attempts by Attawapiskat residents since Tuesday, chief says | Toronto Star ow.ly/8K8Ws1 1 day ago
- [Modern Times] | 4th World Issues, International Politic & Conscious Afro-Indigenismo ow.ly/4ntb9R 1 day ago
- Police Cruelly Leave Man With BROKEN NECK On Floor of Jail Cell To Die, Claiming He's "Faking It" - CounterCurrent ow.ly/4ntajT 1 day ago
- Why are Canadian troops in Iraq wearing Kurdish flag? - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/8K8Qra 1 day ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.