NEW YORK — [HuffPo] An unarmed 22-year-old man shot and killed by a New York City police officer during a traffic stop in Queens Thursday morning was a member of the New York Army National Guard, authorities said.Police said Noel Polanco was speeding and driving erratically near LaGuardia Airport just after 5 a.m. when he was pulled over by officers. New York Police Department sources initially told news outlets that as two officers approached the car, Polanco reached under his seat, prompting Detective Hassam Handy to shoot him once in the stomach. Polanco died shortly after being taken to a nearby hospital.No weapons were recovered from the car, but a hand drill was found under the driver’s seat, police said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- China would invade Taiwan in certain circumstances: MND report ow.ly/33tUlH 1 hour ago
- Mineral extraction, renewable energy threaten Nordic Sámi rights, UN says / News / The Foreigner — Norwegian News ... ow.ly/33tUlG 1 hour ago
- "On the 'ethics' of complicity in torture" by J.B.Gerald ow.ly/RCdWr 2 hours ago
- Criminal misconduct within the Baltimore Police Department dominates the reasons for terminations. - Baltimore Sun ow.ly/33tLCl 3 hours ago
- Albino and proud: DR Congo first-of-a-kind festival promotes persecuted minority | Mail & Guardian Africa ow.ly/33tLCk 3 hours ago