“The styles that we found are consistent with ones that are as recent as 200 years ago and theres one that may go back 5,000 or 6,000 years,” Coates said. “We don’t know for sure until weve done some carbon dating.”For area First Nations, the find is exciting — but also confirms what they already knew.Okanagan Indian Band Chief Byron Louis says he hopes the discovery will re-write area history to include a time before settlers arrived.”Theres always been this perception that history starts with [Father] Pandosy and comes forward and yet ignores the thousands of years prior to that there was habitation in this area,” Louis said.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 125 Years After a Massacre, Native Americans Are Still Fighting to Take Back Wounded Knee | Mic
- ‘Leaked’ Memo Signals Danger of Stepped Up U.S. Aggression: Syria Needs a Real Revolution—Not an Even Worse Reactionary Bloodbath
- Former naval officer Chung Eui-sung reportedly collected brokerage fee of 300 billion won for just one project
- 20 Arrested for Blocking NRA Driveway to Call for Assault Weapons Ban | Democracy Now!
- A Senate committee wants to crack down on spy agencies’ cozy relationship with Hollywood | VICE News
- Evo Morales: Brexit is Sign of Capitalist Breakdown | News | teleSUR English ow.ly/JUdL501LCYr 23 hours ago
- 125 Years After a Massacre, Native Americans Are Still Fighting to Take Back Wounded Knee ow.ly/70Lc501LCAn 23 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: A Look at the Various Ways #Pseudointellectualism Harms People of Colour https://t.co/4aLiqZmGtm is.gd/ppfx7P 1 day ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: A Look at the Various Ways #Pseudointellectualism Harms the General Public https://t.co/4aLiqZmGtm https://t.co/2ePfq1ANzF 1 day ago
- #Fis4Fascism (#TheAryanAbattoir) An #Antifa.scismus Notebook wp.me/p3exIw-YV / tinyurl.com/qbsjlr5 https://t.co/ltJg235FST 1 day ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.