The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Jeremy Corbyn and British Labour Friends of Israel
- Obama opts for “good cop” approach with encryption backdoors
- Islamic State ‘used mustard gas’ against peshmerga – BBC News
- Dissent on Israel Not Permitted at Bernie Sanders Event
- Editorial: Rudy Giuliani, a sellout on gun control stance – NY Daily News
- No, Conservatives, The UCC Shooter Was Not ‘Targeting Christians’ ow.ly/35hXVd 14 hours ago
- No, Conservatives, The UCC Shooter Was Not ‘Targeting Christians’ - Once again, as Bo Gardiner points out... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1vrsYM8 14 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo 'The Roosting of Right-Wing Extremist Chickens in Americas Gun-Happy Barnyard' tinyurl.com/p5wsdld http://t.co/i31fX0ojAt 14 hours ago
- The NRA Will Lose Its Sh*t Over This Twitter Feed That Shows All US Gun Violence In Real Time�(TWEETS) ‹ Reader — ... ow.ly/35hM8d 15 hours ago
- Cameron's attack on 'terrorist-sympathising' Corbyn resembles a McCarthyist witch-hunt ow.ly/35hM8e 15 hours ago