The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The Justice Department also says Ferguson police tolerated sexual harassment of female officers – The Washington Post
- S. African Government Will Investigate Allegations… – Matthew Aid
- Seeing the Stasi Through NSA Eyes | Consortiumnews
- New Zealand Spies on Neighbors in Secret ‘Five Eyes’ Global Surveillance – The Intercept
- Support Mexico’s People – Not Its Authoritarian And Violent Government
- Snowden revelations / The price of the Five Eyes club: Mass spying on friendly nations - National - NZ Herald News ow.ly/2VzjkZ 4 minutes ago
- "The commonwealth will give $25,000 each “to individuals who were involuntarily sterilized pursuant..." ow.ly/2VyVXy 2 hours ago
- Support Mexico’s People – Not Its Authoritarian And Violent Government | dorset chiapas solidarity ow.ly/2VxUa3 8 hours ago
- The Angry Arab News Service/وكالة أنباء العربي الغاضب: Nicholas Kristof saves the World ow.ly/2VxUa2 8 hours ago
- "The commonwealth will give $25,000 each “to individuals who were involuntarily sterilized pursuant to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1f6iHE3 8 hours ago