The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn closes her remarks on the... - FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn closes her remarks o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Contributions from AT&T, Verizon and Comcast to 115th... - Contributions from AT&T, Verizon and Comcast to 115th Me… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Yemen: U.S.-Backed, Saudi-Led Airstrike Hits Police Camp, Killing 30 | Democracy Now! - Yemen: U.S.-Backed, Saudi-L… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Mary Lou McDonald TD welcomes decision by Oireachtas Committee to recommend repealing Eighth Amendment of the Const… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- If you never caught a listen to #4thWorldRadyo you might as well now: aboriginalradio.wordpress.com since #NetNeutrality… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Contributions from AT&T, Verizon and Comcast to 115th Members|OpenSecrets.Org
- MI5 declassified and released 5000 files to National Archive – The London Post
- The Far-Right are seeking global domination. But there’s one man they’re terrified of
- #Zimbabwe / #Africa / #Economics / #Indigenisation
- US Ignores Russia Warnings, Holds Provocative War Drills on Korean Peninsula
- Women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct: ‘Let’s try round two’
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.