The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Government delivered a letter of protest against the decree Obama on the US Embassy (AUDIO) | RNV – Radio Nacional de Venezuela
- Arab states should “strike” Gaza like Yemen, says advisor to Mahmoud Abbas | The Electronic Intifada
- S.F. jail inmates forced to fight, public defender says – SFGate
- Courthouse News Service – Startling Drone Pilot Revelation in DOJ Audit By ADAM KLASFELD
- How the Leaked TPP ISDS Chapter Threatens Intellectual Property Limitations and Exceptions » infojustice
- "The Conference was chaired by Indonesian Prime Minister Ali Sastroamidjojo and Indonesian President..." ow.ly/2WDjPj 1 day ago
- "The Conference was chaired by Indonesian Prime Minister Ali Sastroamidjojo and Indonesian President..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1h43Eqb 1 day ago
- "On November 9, 2005 the Italian state-run broadcaster Radiotelevisione Italiana S.p.A. aired a..." ow.ly/2WBIH3 2 days ago
- "On November 9, 2005 the Italian state-run broadcaster Radiotelevisione Italiana S.p.A. aired a..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1g-F1CM 2 days ago
- Video: (via Fallujah:” The Hidden Massacre” Documentary-Iraq War - YouTube) — Graphic Images! ***NO MORE... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1g-CRfC 2 days ago