The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Socialism According to Eugene V. Debs by Elizabeth Schulte
- Why the cynical focus on ‘Honour crimes’ won’t combat gender violence in the UK | Media Diversified
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Israel arrests Jewish activist for 'nationalist crimes' - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/32babk 11 hours ago
- Prison reformer agrees with US lawyer on mistreatment of Maori ow.ly/32babl 11 hours ago
- #Audio: APNS Public Radyo: Mainstream Journalism & #BlackLivesMatter: A Chat w/ reporter @drewwest_press is.gd/Tuwasj #PirateRadio 13 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #Genocide In #OccupiedPalestine w/ #AntiZionist #activist @Thalwen ow.ly/QrPsv #WasBurnedAlive #AliDawabshe 16 hours ago
- Maisy Marie Odjick - Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls - CBC ow.ly/32anYd 19 hours ago