The owners have been granted bail three times already, on September 14, on September 21, and on October 1: catastrophic kicks in the stomach to efforts of trade unions, labor rights activists and factory workers, and families of victims to hold the owners responsible for atrocious conditions that led to the fires, and properly mourn the deaths of their friends, coworkers and family. So today workers and family members are out in numbers, bearing pictures of the dead and signs demanding justice. They are making sure that this does not happen again. Already in the early morning there is a small victory: all major news channels have broken the news about the demonstration outside of the courthouse.The proceedings begin. The District Judge Abdullah Channa is listening to arguments presenting evidence that the factory gates were closed on orders of the owners and the general manager after the fire broke out. At the very least this amounts to unpardonable criminal negligence. Already at 10am the proceeding ends, but District Judge Channa withholds his judgment.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Israel bombs Gaza; Amnesty accuses Hamas | World War 4 Report
- Chiapas: The Network for Peace asks to attend the dislaced people of Primero de Agosto
- Stoltenberg: NATO To Defend All European States
- Longtime Prisoner Leonard Peltier Gets New Ally, His Son, In Fight For Freedom (Photos)
- DEMAND ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE FOR POLITIkAL PRISONER ROBERT SETH HAYEZ!
- "The indictment suggests that law enforcement officials relied on the Patriot Act’s expansion of bank..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1ly1-0b 23 minutes ago
- Petition · Arrest, Dismiss and Imprison the Murderer of Environmental Activist Jopi Peranginangin! #Solidarity4Jopi ow.ly/NBxWN 1 hour ago
- Indigenous Futurisms Mixtape by RPMfm | Free Listening on SoundCloud ow.ly/2ZdfoS 11 hours ago
- Imprisoned Cree mother prevented from attending 22 year-old son’s funeral | APTN National NewsAPTN National News ow.ly/2ZdfoU 11 hours ago
- All Black Lives Matter: seeking justice for Sheku Bayoh | Media Diversified ow.ly/2ZdfoT 11 hours ago