The federal prosecutors on the case chose interesting language in their pleas for a lengthy sentence. Equating adherence to a state law with which they disagree to shameless exploitation speaks volumes about the legal wrangling in which the prosecutors are engaging. The fact that the defendants were operating lawfully under the Michigan medical marijuana statute is completely removed from the equation. In almost all of these cases, jurors are prohibited from hearing any testimony regarding the laws of the state. The defense may not raise the issue because, in short, the state laws are not a valid defense upon which the accused can rebut the federal charges. That the accused believed they were in full compliance with state law and unaware of a conflict with federal drug statutes is of no moment. All the jurors are permitted to hear is the various ways the defendant violated federal law. The accused’s strict adherence to the state’s medical marijuana law is deceptively omitted from the proceedings.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Federal government approves $11.4-billion LNG project in B.C. — Warrior Publications
- ‘Smash a P*ki’: Gang of school pupils launch vile race attack on Asian boy and post sick video online — dokumentationsarchiv
- Florida religious fundamentalists want to kill women for abortions — Dear Kitty. Some blog
- : politico.com : Trump Brags That He Makes Money Off the Misfortunes of Americans
- Trump Repeatedly Cites CBS Poll Saying He Won Debate (Which Doesn’t Even Exist) | Mediaite
- The Modern [AfroIndio] Times | 4th World Issues; Antifaschismus Politic & Conscious Afro-Indigenismo ow.ly/GWTU304FGrU 2 hours ago
- Federal government approves $11.4-billion LNG project in B.C. —... ow.ly/DodH504WHdW 3 hours ago
- When Victims Become Victimisers: #Zionism’s Angry Xenophobic War Against Itself ow.ly/UX63F #BDS #AIPAC https://t.co/uwIRAYGqYn 4 hours ago
- #Fis4Fascism (& #TheAryanAbattoir) An #Antifa.scismus Notebook wp.me/p3exIw-YV / tinyurl.com/qbsjlr5 https://t.co/ltJg235FST 4 hours ago
- ‘Smash a P*ki’: Gang of school pupils launch vile race attack on Asian boy and post sick video online — dokumen... ow.ly/EcFz504WAwe 5 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.