All four officers pleaded not guilty during their first appearance in court Tuesday.Officer Michael Vagnini, 34, an eight-year veteran, was responsible for the most egregious misconduct, prosecutors said, and he faces the most serious charges, including second-degree sexual assault.Vagnini faces 25 counts over allegations that he repeatedly broke the law by rectally probing suspects after traffic stops, at times without using protective gloves, while searching for drugs. Wisconsin state law mandates that only trained medical personnel can perform body cavity searches on criminal suspects. Vagnini also allegedly forced suspects to strip naked after their arrest without authorization.The other officers charged in the complaint allegedly assisted Vagnini in the illegal searches and failed to intervene or report the misconduct. In one alleged incident, one officer placed a suspect in a choke hold, while another held a gun to the suspects head, as Vagnini conducted an unauthorized rectal search on a public street.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Obama administration spied on German media, government – CNNPolitics.com
- Officer of the Year Eric Casebolt’z brutality inspirez courageouz youth to fight back (Black)
- Police Officer Shooting At Dog Hits Nearby Toddler, Leaves ‘Without Offering Help’
- IS offensive running out of steam after rebel-regime victories
- Bolivian-Venezuelan Military construction team begins work on TIPNIS highway
- Security up across Gulf to thwart Daesh plots | Arab News - Security up across Gulf to thwart Daesh plots | Arab N... ow.ly/30UQt6 1 hour ago
- #Assimilation of the #Sami – Implementation and Consequences ow.ly/P9GhH 2 hours ago
- SA farm attacks to be raised at Aussie conference on crime victims | News24 ow.ly/30UHP5 2 hours ago
- "At first when they had contacted the company regarding reports from sources at several banks who..." ow.ly/30UwN5 4 hours ago
- Charges possible against church shooter’s associates | The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer ow.ly/30Utq0 4 hours ago