All four officers pleaded not guilty during their first appearance in court Tuesday.Officer Michael Vagnini, 34, an eight-year veteran, was responsible for the most egregious misconduct, prosecutors said, and he faces the most serious charges, including second-degree sexual assault.Vagnini faces 25 counts over allegations that he repeatedly broke the law by rectally probing suspects after traffic stops, at times without using protective gloves, while searching for drugs. Wisconsin state law mandates that only trained medical personnel can perform body cavity searches on criminal suspects. Vagnini also allegedly forced suspects to strip naked after their arrest without authorization.The other officers charged in the complaint allegedly assisted Vagnini in the illegal searches and failed to intervene or report the misconduct. In one alleged incident, one officer placed a suspect in a choke hold, while another held a gun to the suspects head, as Vagnini conducted an unauthorized rectal search on a public street.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Support Grows for a National Commission on Reparatory Justice
- Why You Mad Son? Radio | Facebook
- Virginia gunman was told by TV station to seek medical attention, memos say | US news | The Guardian
- COINTELPRO warrior Dhoruba bin Wahad attacked by New Black Panther Party – National Cointelpro | Examiner.com
- LAPD & Chicago bought “Stingrays on steroids” with asset-forfeiture & DHS money – Boing Boing
- (via FBI Had 12-Page File On George Carlin Because He Made Jokes... ow.ly/33q44k 3 hours ago
- Images of Israeli soldier trying to arrest boy go viral - CNN.com ow.ly/33pWBA 4 hours ago
- Photoset: (via FBI Had 12-Page File On George Carlin Because He Made Jokes About Government) After Carlin’s... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1tBtYyl 4 hours ago
- Israeli minister says IDF should have fired on unarmed Palestinian protesters for humiliating a soldier – Mondowei... ow.ly/33pPSw 5 hours ago
- Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media - Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media: In my last album, Running for the Drum, [I ... ow.ly/33puTY 8 hours ago