Source: The GuardianCatalonia in north-east Spain will issue a challenge to Brussels when its voters are asked to declare whether they want an independent state within the EU.Regional leader Artur Mas said on Monday he planned to ask the question, including the reference to the EU, during a four-year term that starts after regional elections on 25 November – even though Spain’s prime minister, Mariano Rajoy, has threatened to block a referendum.A yes vote in the referendum would not just create a constitutional crisis for Spain, which has no mechanism for allowing the independence of one of its regions, but would also issue a clear challenge to the EU, which has no system for the breakup of a member state. A new entity could have future membership blocked by just one member country.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of Backing ISIS After It Downs Russian Warplane In Syria
- Journalist on Shooting of Laquan McDonald By Chicago Police Officer: “It Was An Horrific Execution” | Democracy Now!
- What the final hours of Ms Dhu’s life tell us about our broken justice system
- Black student assaulted as racial tensions rise at Lewis & Clark College
- Muslim UC student says she was attacked because of her religion | Local News – WLWT Home
- "Nativist Hysteria" Against Syrian Refugees Echoes U.S. Rejection of Jewish Refugees in 1930s | Democracy Now! ow.ly/38iJfs 20 minutes ago
- ‘La Patrie – Fascism, France and the not so distant Future’ | Robert J Somynne ow.ly/38iBQH 1 hour ago
- Boca Raton victim says hate crime was 'nerve-wracking' - wptv.com ow.ly/38iBQI 1 hour ago
- California City to Pay $4.9M for Police Killing of Homeless Man | Democracy Now! ow.ly/38iBQJ 1 hour ago
- "Since the attacks in Paris, many Arabs and Muslims have been openly discriminated against in the..." ow.ly/38iAzU 1 hour ago