TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Government delivered a letter of protest against the decree Obama on the US Embassy (AUDIO) | RNV – Radio Nacional de Venezuela
- Arab states should “strike” Gaza like Yemen, says advisor to Mahmoud Abbas | The Electronic Intifada
- S.F. jail inmates forced to fight, public defender says – SFGate
- Courthouse News Service – Startling Drone Pilot Revelation in DOJ Audit By ADAM KLASFELD
- How the Leaked TPP ISDS Chapter Threatens Intellectual Property Limitations and Exceptions » infojustice
- "On November 9, 2005 the Italian state-run broadcaster Radiotelevisione Italiana S.p.A. aired a..." ow.ly/2WBIH3 13 hours ago
- "On November 9, 2005 the Italian state-run broadcaster Radiotelevisione Italiana S.p.A. aired a..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1g-F1CM 14 hours ago
- Video: (via Fallujah:” The Hidden Massacre” Documentary-Iraq War - YouTube) — Graphic Images! ***NO MORE... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1g-CRfC 14 hours ago
- Perry Ray Robinson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Perry Ray Robinson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: In ... ow.ly/2WBFPD 14 hours ago
- "Her level of empathy is remarkable but not particularly surprising. Black girls learn almost from..." ow.ly/2WBwW0 16 hours ago