TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- THE GREAT EUROPEAN EXPERIMENT FALLS APART
- NASCAR tells fans not to bring Confederate flags to races
- British artists against TTIP trade deal
- United States arms profits first, Bahraini human rights a poor second
- National/Guerrero: Nine months after the Ayotzinapa atrocity, relatives express that they will not be silenced
- They died so we could vote: James Chaney, Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman ow.ly/30Yn2F 4 hours ago
- Israel killed 23 Palestinians since start of 2015: PLO - Israel killed 23 Palestinians since start of 2015: PLO: [... ow.ly/30Y3fB 7 hours ago
- 'They burned Mohammed once, but we burn every day': One year since the murder of Mohammed Abu Khdeir ow.ly/30Y3fC 7 hours ago
- Black Woman Artist Poses Nude at Former New York City Slave Trading Sites, Including Wall Street | Black Girl with... ow.ly/30Y3fD 7 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #Genocide, #Totalitarianism & #HumanRights In #OccupiedGaza w/ #AntiZionist activist @Thalwen ow.ly/PcnQJ 8 hours ago