TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Socialism According to Eugene V. Debs by Elizabeth Schulte
- Why the cynical focus on ‘Honour crimes’ won’t combat gender violence in the UK | Media Diversified
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Israel arrests Jewish activist for 'nationalist crimes' - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/32babk 4 hours ago
- Prison reformer agrees with US lawyer on mistreatment of Maori ow.ly/32babl 4 hours ago
- #Audio: APNS Public Radyo: Mainstream Journalism & #BlackLivesMatter: A Chat w/ reporter @drewwest_press is.gd/Tuwasj #PirateRadio 7 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #Genocide In #OccupiedPalestine w/ #AntiZionist #activist @Thalwen ow.ly/QrPsv #WasBurnedAlive #AliDawabshe 10 hours ago
- Maisy Marie Odjick - Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls - CBC ow.ly/32anYd 12 hours ago