By Pip Hinman, CaracasAbout 3 million people march.Nothing quite prepares you for a first visit to Venezuela ― especially when the country is polarised between two very different visions for the future.This is how it was just before the October 7 presidential elections, which socialist President Hugo Chavez won with 55% of the vote in the largest turnout, more than 81%, in Venezuelan history.The polarisation was marked by the fact that Chavez, who ran on a platform for a transition to socialism, and the opposition, whose right-wing candidate Henri Capriles ran on a platform that claimed to support Chavezs famous social missions, received their highest votes ever since Chavez was first elected in 1998.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Leaked Emails Claim Snyder Administration Withheld Lead Testing Results | ThinkProgress
- Mississippi lawmaker admits his education bill is to protect creationism | Ars Technica
- Fyffes accused of disrespecting plantation workers’ rights | Business | The Guardian
- 4th World Radyo: Negotiating Madness: North American Political Confusion in Black and White
- Monsanto fabricó el fósforo blanco utilizado en los ataques israelíes a Gaza durante la Operación Plomo Fundido
- Mexico prison riot: at least 52 people killed and 12 injured in Monterrey | World news | The Guardian ow.ly/3bdDQo 1 hour ago
- Tripura village committee polls on February 24 - ians-in2738-yahoopartner: Agartala, Jan 27 (IANS) Polls to 587... ow.ly/3bdyPO 2 hours ago
- Congress not new to championing Dalit's rights: Digvijay - aniin2578-yahoopartner: Varanasi, Jan. 30 (ANI): The... ow.ly/3bdrYN 3 hours ago
- Brazil must save Amazon's Kawahiva tribe from genocide - The Ecologist ow.ly/3bdrqr 3 hours ago
- Mexico: The Pope’s Two-Faced “New Face” - Mexico: The Pope’s Two-Faced “New Face”: [revcom.us] Let’s look at th... ow.ly/3bdrqs 3 hours ago