Any fight against the pipelines and tanker projects in BC must be rooted at stopping them at the source—the Alberta Tar Sands. On Tuesday, October 23rd we will be standing with the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation ACFN as they challenge Shell’s proposed expansion of the Jackpine Mine.They have filed a constitutional challenge, “citing lack of adequate or meaningful consultation and that the application would have adverse impact on their treaty rights” says a press release put out by the ACFN. It continues to explain that, “the application calls for the mining out of 21 km of the Muskeg river, a river of cultural and traditional significance to both the people and wildlife in the area.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- WATCH: Videos From the Violent Police Mass-Arrest at Standing Rock — Global Justice Ecology Project
- Deutsche Bank, scandals bank — Dear Kitty. Some blog
- Ermittlungen zu Anschlägen in #Dresden – #Polizei veröffentlicht Fahndungsfotos – #schauhin — dokumentationsarchiv
- Cuba Supports Fight vs. Racism, Discrimination and Xenophobia — JSC: Jamaicans in Solidarity with Cuba
- Cop With History of Intimidation and Stalking Kills Innocent Unarmed Mentally Ill Man on Video
- "On a per person basis our economy is barely moving. We have seen enormous population growth in New..." ow.ly/g2S25050a55 46 minutes ago
- AUDIO: 4thWorldRadyo: 'Racialism, Political Action & Prog EuroAmerican Resistivity' is.gd/GDNz8R #BDS #NoWhiteNonsense #TalkRadio 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo on Skype [aboriginalnewsgroup] wants to hear from Twitter about #BettyShelby (VOiP) : Send Contact Request to @TheAngryindian 1 hour ago
- Cuba Supports Fight vs. Racism, Discrimination and Xenophobia —... ow.ly/BgW9504Z1E6 13 hours ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/wCCF304I1NG 14 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.