Any fight against the pipelines and tanker projects in BC must be rooted at stopping them at the source—the Alberta Tar Sands. On Tuesday, October 23rd we will be standing with the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation ACFN as they challenge Shell’s proposed expansion of the Jackpine Mine.They have filed a constitutional challenge, “citing lack of adequate or meaningful consultation and that the application would have adverse impact on their treaty rights” says a press release put out by the ACFN. It continues to explain that, “the application calls for the mining out of 21 km of the Muskeg river, a river of cultural and traditional significance to both the people and wildlife in the area.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Video shows 4 black officers held at gunpoint by police – Black Politics on the Web
- The Tricky Business Of Combating The Islamic State In Minneapolis-St Paul | ThinkProgress
- Accomplices Not Allies: Abolishing the Ally Industrial Complex
- Going after the federal government’s porn problem – Watchdog.org
- Un 1er mai pluvieux mais déterminé à Rodez (12)
- We Need a Full, Transparent Review of the US Targeted Killing Program | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for ... ow.ly/2YelKE 3 hours ago
- In India, a Broken System Leaves a ‘Broken’ People Powerless | Inter Press Service ow.ly/2YelKF 3 hours ago
- "Johnson has been booted off of Twitter multiple times for posting private information about people..." ow.ly/2YedcK 5 hours ago
- Former Political Prisoners taken Santiago Cathedral demanding compliance to their demands - The Bewilderment ow.ly/2YecHN 5 hours ago
- German TV Program Shows Qatar Slave Conditions, More FIFA Corruption� ow.ly/2YecHM 5 hours ago