Any fight against the pipelines and tanker projects in BC must be rooted at stopping them at the source—the Alberta Tar Sands. On Tuesday, October 23rd we will be standing with the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation ACFN as they challenge Shell’s proposed expansion of the Jackpine Mine.They have filed a constitutional challenge, “citing lack of adequate or meaningful consultation and that the application would have adverse impact on their treaty rights” says a press release put out by the ACFN. It continues to explain that, “the application calls for the mining out of 21 km of the Muskeg river, a river of cultural and traditional significance to both the people and wildlife in the area.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Video Shows Los Angeles Police Shooting That Killed A Homeless Man – BuzzFeed News
- Israel Working With Al-Qaeda? « LobeLog
- 4th World Radyo: Conscious Being And Ethical Nothingness 01.03.2015
- Stratfor’s Global Forecast Report Torn to Bits by International Analysts / Sputnik International
- Anti-gay crusader had 250-page FBI file | TheHill
- "In the aftermath of the tweets, both Criado-Perez and Creasy spoke of the lasting effect of abusive..." ow.ly/2Vmk7t 3 hours ago
- "In the aftermath of the tweets, both Criado-Perez and Creasy spoke of the lasting effect of abusive..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1eopUjI 3 hours ago
- "The report looks into the relationship between the police force and the city’s predominantly black..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1eonhwz 3 hours ago
- 4th World Radyo: Conscious Being And Ethical Nothingness 01.03.2015 | APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/2VkFmM 13 hours ago
- "Gallardo is one of more than 60 lawyers killed or disappeared here during a spate of crimes against..." ow.ly/2VkqoZ 16 hours ago