As a Palestinian-American, I awaited the presidential debate on foreign policy with anticipation, given the massive U.S. military footprint in the region of my birth. I confess to being torn in my attitude to the candidates. From a Palestinian perspective, I know there is little difference: Neither would take effective steps to end Israel’s 45-year occupation, challenge its illegal building of settlements, or shake its draconian hold on Jerusalem.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Man indicted for fatal beating of transgendered woman – NY Daily News
- David Petraeus To Plead Guilty To Leaking Classified Information – BuzzFeed News
- Hispanics more likely than whites to say global warming is caused by humans | Pew Research Center
- PressTV-UAE financed Egypt military coup: Leaks
- Video Shows Los Angeles Police Shooting That Killed A Homeless Man – BuzzFeed News
- During the speech, Netanyahu said Tehran plans to build 190,000 centrifuges (a figure first used last year by Supr... ow.ly/2Vrk0s 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'Conscious Being & Ethical Nothingness' (01.03.2015) is.gd/2NPjwq #RIP @Joanie399 2 hours ago
- Overheard: During the speech, Netanyahu said Tehran plans to build 190,000 centrifuges (a figure first used... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1exPm3N 2 hours ago
- "…However, there are important reasons why it should not be done. Writing on a bank note may..." ow.ly/2VrfRg 2 hours ago
- Chapel Hill Shooter Obsessively Documented His Muslim Victims’ Parking Habits | Mediaite ow.ly/2Vrffv 2 hours ago