Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Denver Police Tell Lies About Fatal Shooting Of Native American Paul Castaway
- 5 Craziest Cults Still Operating Today | The Strange List
- Demand The US Justice Dept Do The Right Thing Philly August 1st | Moorbey’z Blog
- "But pre-mass-media, the keffiyeh had already played a unifying role in the face of another occupier,..." ow.ly/31Xq4q 4 hours ago
- Amanda Terkel: There Have Been 132 Pro-Confederate Flag Rallies Since The Charleston Shooting ow.ly/31XpGx 4 hours ago
- US Says Release of Israeli Spy in November Not Connected to Iran Nuke Deal / Sputnik International ow.ly/31XpGz 4 hours ago
- The last keffiyeh factory in Palestine | Middle East Eye - The last keffiyeh factory in Palestine | Middle East Ey... ow.ly/31XpGy 4 hours ago
- "But pre-mass-media, the keffiyeh had already played a unifying role in the face of another occupier,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1qjPEhw 5 hours ago