Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Stoltenberg: NATO To Defend All European States
- Longtime Prisoner Leonard Peltier Gets New Ally, His Son, In Fight For Freedom (Photos)
- DEMAND ADEQUATE MEDICAL CARE FOR POLITIkAL PRISONER ROBERT SETH HAYEZ!
- Newspaper That Printed Letter Calling For Obama’s Execution: Oops!
- Volume 4, Issue 1 has been published!
- Video: (via ▶ Shocking Video: Texas Soldier Dies After Telling Jail Guards He Couldn’t Breathe 20 Times -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lv_AT3 36 minutes ago
- Texas SWAT Attacks 81-Year-Old Man, Breaks His Hip, Denies Him Medical Assistance ow.ly/2Zd8k7 54 minutes ago
- "Hiwa-hiwalay na software o proyekto ang bumubuo sa operating system (OS) na GNU/Linux. Libu-libong..." ow.ly/2ZcXdz 3 hours ago
- Rohingya Blogger: Rohingya exodus: Tales of suffering and misery ow.ly/2ZcVUl 3 hours ago
- Israel’s president calls BDS a ‘strategic threat’ | 972 Magazine ow.ly/2ZcFZs 4 hours ago