Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Deli Owner Hangs White Pride Sign In Window, Promptly Goes Out Of Business
- Former BCL workers reject local environmental knowledge in heated FB debate
- several more tedious pindosi media deceptions (but they come to light more often, too)
- DEA, US Army bought $1.2M worth of hacking tools in recent years | Ars Technica
- Feds Indict Houston PD ‘Officer of the Year’ for Trafficking Cocaine for Los Zetas Cartel – The True News
- "Following the execution of Saddam Hussein on 30 December, 2006, Al-Douri was confirmed as the new..." ow.ly/2XzGh4 3 minutes ago
- "Following the execution of Saddam Hussein on 30 December, 2006, Al-Douri was confirmed as the new..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1im5vFp 42 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: '500 More Years of White Racist #Colonialism & Abuse?' is.gd/9Urpw8 #WalterScott #JusticeForCindyGladue #Mumia 47 minutes ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/LIQkl 1 day ago
- "Hackers also leaked digital files that contained confidential information.@These files contained..." ow.ly/2XuB9j 2 days ago