Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4th World Radyo : TheAngryindian in conversation with UK Human Rights Activist KrustyAllslopp
- How Britain funds the ‘propaganda war’ against Isis in Syria | World news | The Guardian
- The American Jewish scholar behind Labour’s ‘antisemitism’ scandal breaks his silence | openDemocracy
- Greenpeace dumps TTIP documents that show USA arm-twisting the EU / Boing Boing
- Syria’s Assad Used Chemical Arms Against ISIS – Middle East News – Haaretz
- Do American Negroes Dream of Alabaster Sheep? / Liberation Vs. #Colonialism & #Xenophobia is.gd/VLHGrN https://t.co/txxqYeQ4Gx 10 hours ago
- TheAngryindian in conversation with UK Human Rights Activist KrustyAllslopp ow.ly/8K6KcW 14 hours ago
- Hey, Beautiful! Gross Brooklyn Construction Workers Will Now Be Held Accountable for Street Harassment ow.ly/8K6DgB 15 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo : TheAngryindian in conversation with UK Human Rights Activist @KrustyAllslopp ow.ly/4nqVeQ https://t.co/honKQ2mvDa 15 hours ago
- TheAngryindian : Afrika Bambaataa and the Politics of Embarrassment | [Modern Times] ow.ly/4nqT69 15 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.