Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- theguardian.com: Member of British forces arrested over alleged Northern Ireland terrorism offences
- Newark boy, 10, thought cops ‘were going to shoot me’
- How The U.S. Navy Named a Ship After Harvey Milk To Show Its LGBT Pride
- Jaluar Mega Dam in the Philippines Threatens to Displace Indigenous Peoples
- Israel Defense Forces Lob Grenade at Palestinians Having Coffee | News | teleSUR English
- 7,000-Year-Old Ceramic Fragment with Possibly ‘World’s Oldest Writing’ Discovered ow.ly/hAgt503NWIz 24 minutes ago
- micdotcom: Wanda Witter, homeless for over a decade, will get... ow.ly/Hsni503NNFj 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo seeks #Indigenous activists to comment on #NoDAPL & #IndigenousRights / DM @TheAngryindian (Skype/Jabber/SIP/GoogleTalk) 1 hour ago
- Indigenous Activists Detain Panama's President for 2 Hours | News | teleSUR English ow.ly/uNTU503MUNU 11 hours ago
- When Victims Become Victimisers: #Zionism’s Angry Xenophobic War Against Itself ow.ly/UX63F #BDS #AntiFa https://t.co/uwIRAYY1PV 12 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.