Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Anti-gay crusader had 250-page FBI file | TheHill
- On the blacklist: how did the UK’s top building firms get secret information on their workers? | UK news | The Guardian
- WordPress Sites Vulnerable to Plugin-Related SQL Attacks | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- ‘Ex-Israeli agents’ threatened cyber attack on S Africa – Al Jazeera English
- Gemalto Doesn’t Know What It Doesn’t Know – The Intercept
- Centering the voices of people who trade or sell sex in indigenous anti-violence organizing: Statement from the In... ow.ly/2VikVJ 12 hours ago
- Swastikas spray-painted on cars lead to hate-crime probe in Montreal - Montreal - CBC News ow.ly/2VijF7 12 hours ago
- Centering the voices of people who trade or sell sex in indigenous anti-violence organizing: Statement from... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1efqLeC 12 hours ago
- "”Jag kan inte stå för att hon möter en oliktänkande med ett tillhygge”, säger Eva Johansson,..." ow.ly/2Vi4Mj 14 hours ago
- Oil Spill: Syndicates Defraud Communities As Shell Remains Adamant On Payout | Sahara Reporters ow.ly/2Vi3G2 15 hours ago