10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Anti-Muslim Protests Scheduled Nationwide: ‘Global Rally For Humanity’ Calls On Demonstrations In Front Of Mosques Across US Cities
- Japanese man gunned down in Bangladesh, IS takes credit; second foreigner shot in one week | The Indian Express
- German professor Jörg Baberowski hates refugees
- Staatsschutz prüft Maßnahmen – Neonazis listen Flüchtlingshelfer im Netz auf
- France’s Government Aims to Give Itself—and the NSA—Carte Blanche to Spy on the World « Aletho News
- (via Malcolm X: Speeches and Interviews (1960-65) - YouTube) ow.ly/350sc4 1 hour ago
- Video: (via Malcolm X: Speeches and Interviews (1960-65) - YouTube) tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1vVcSjh 2 hours ago
- "In a recent chat with Ghanagist, the Ghanaian screen diva hinted that she had only kissed a lady once..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1vVbybl 2 hours ago
- "Mah-hi-vist Goodblanket, an 18-year-old Cheyenne and Arapaho youth, died on December 21, 2013, after..." ow.ly/350oPA 2 hours ago
- An Independent Database Has Found Canada Lost Over 600 Missing or Murdered Aboriginal Men | VICE | Canada ow.ly/350oBH 2 hours ago