10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4th World Radyo: Conscious Being And Ethical Nothingness 01.03.2015
- Stratfor’s Global Forecast Report Torn to Bits by International Analysts / Sputnik International
- Anti-gay crusader had 250-page FBI file | TheHill
- On the blacklist: how did the UK’s top building firms get secret information on their workers? | UK news | The Guardian
- WordPress Sites Vulnerable to Plugin-Related SQL Attacks | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- 4th World Radyo: Conscious Being And Ethical Nothingness 01.03.2015 | APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/2VkFmM 4 hours ago
- "Gallardo is one of more than 60 lawyers killed or disappeared here during a spate of crimes against..." ow.ly/2VkqoZ 7 hours ago
- Wordly Treasures – The New Inquiry - Wordly Treasures – The New Inquiry: Language Matters is not insensitive to th... ow.ly/2VkpjS 7 hours ago
- "Gallardo is one of more than 60 lawyers killed or disappeared here during a spate of crimes against..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1emHVak 7 hours ago
- "I have no doubt that Mohammed is Jihadi John,” said one of Emwazi’s close friends who identified him..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1emGsqc 7 hours ago