10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Denver Police Tell Lies About Fatal Shooting Of Native American Paul Castaway
- 5 Craziest Cults Still Operating Today | The Strange List
- Demand The US Justice Dept Do The Right Thing Philly August 1st | Moorbey’z Blog
- "But pre-mass-media, the keffiyeh had already played a unifying role in the face of another occupier,..." ow.ly/31Xq4q 4 hours ago
- Amanda Terkel: There Have Been 132 Pro-Confederate Flag Rallies Since The Charleston Shooting ow.ly/31XpGx 4 hours ago
- US Says Release of Israeli Spy in November Not Connected to Iran Nuke Deal / Sputnik International ow.ly/31XpGz 4 hours ago
- The last keffiyeh factory in Palestine | Middle East Eye - The last keffiyeh factory in Palestine | Middle East Ey... ow.ly/31XpGy 4 hours ago
- "But pre-mass-media, the keffiyeh had already played a unifying role in the face of another occupier,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1qjPEhw 5 hours ago