10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn closes her remarks on the... - FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn closes her remarks o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Contributions from AT&T, Verizon and Comcast to 115th... - Contributions from AT&T, Verizon and Comcast to 115th Me… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Yemen: U.S.-Backed, Saudi-Led Airstrike Hits Police Camp, Killing 30 | Democracy Now! - Yemen: U.S.-Backed, Saudi-L… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Mary Lou McDonald TD welcomes decision by Oireachtas Committee to recommend repealing Eighth Amendment of the Const… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- If you never caught a listen to #4thWorldRadyo you might as well now: aboriginalradio.wordpress.com since #NetNeutrality… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Contributions from AT&T, Verizon and Comcast to 115th Members|OpenSecrets.Org
- MI5 declassified and released 5000 files to National Archive – The London Post
- The Far-Right are seeking global domination. But there’s one man they’re terrified of
- #Zimbabwe / #Africa / #Economics / #Indigenisation
- US Ignores Russia Warnings, Holds Provocative War Drills on Korean Peninsula
- Women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct: ‘Let’s try round two’
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.