10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Canadian press defenceless, as House fails to pass shield bill – IFEX
- Trump lawyer’s firm steered millions in donations to family members, files show | US news | The Guardian
- Hackers cause disruption in several European countries | News | Al Jazeera
- #Russia / #Obama / #Putin / #TrumpRussia
- #DomesticTerrorism / #USA / #FarRight / #Americas
- Sleep May Suffer in Blacks Who Face Discrimination | DiversityInc ow.ly/tcxU50cs6iz 12 hours ago
- An Unaccompanied Dialectic on Postcolonial African Angst & Subversively Critical non-Participation/APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/7COl30d0hl6 13 hours ago
- Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortey turns himself in after being charged with engaging in child prostitution ow.ly/OkkJ50cs48N 13 hours ago
- fuckyeahanarchistposters:Valparaíso, Chile: Actividades en el... ow.ly/Ra9d50cs26e 14 hours ago
- Viral photos of prison 'strip-show' drive Facebook users up the pole ow.ly/Fmvz50crZPA 15 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.