10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- THE GREAT EUROPEAN EXPERIMENT FALLS APART
- NASCAR tells fans not to bring Confederate flags to races
- British artists against TTIP trade deal
- United States arms profits first, Bahraini human rights a poor second
- National/Guerrero: Nine months after the Ayotzinapa atrocity, relatives express that they will not be silenced
- German’s Highest-Ranking Prosecutor on the Legality of Drone Strikes – and Much More | Just Security ow.ly/311NWk 13 hours ago
- fergusonresponse: M4BL - Midwest Regional Conference CallTHU... ow.ly/311le2 16 hours ago
- Racist Twitter attacks on U of T professor by Alberta oil activists spark complaint | National Observer ow.ly/311jvd 16 hours ago
- Photoset: fergusonresponse: M4BL - Midwest Regional Conference Call THU JUL 9 - 9:00 PM EDT/8:00 PM CDT... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1owM29S 17 hours ago
- Now the truth emerges: how the US fuelled the rise of Isis in Syria and Iraq - fuckyeahmarxismleninism: For... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1owLxu2 17 hours ago