10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- SBS sports reporter Scott McIntyre sacked over ‘disrespectful’ Anzac tweets | Media | The Guardian
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- N.W.T. Surface Rights Board set up to resolve land access disputes - North - CBC News ow.ly/2XVUBD 8 hours ago
- N.W.T. Surface Rights Board set up to resolve land access disputes – CBC ow.ly/2XVEYn 9 hours ago
- John Pilger: The Secret Country Again Wages War on Its Own People ow.ly/2XVtV5 10 hours ago
- Death Dealer: James Arthur Ray's 'self-help' killed three people. Now he's back. | The Verge ow.ly/2XTP0T 1 day ago
- XENOPHOBIA: FG recalls Nigerian envoys to South Africa – TODAY ow.ly/2XScij 1 day ago