10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4th World Radyo: Negotiating Madness: North American Political Confusion in Black and White
- Monsanto fabricó el fósforo blanco utilizado en los ataques israelíes a Gaza durante la Operación Plomo Fundido
- Pennsylvania Seeks Mumia Abu-Jamal’s Execution via Medical Neglect
- Gawker: Report: Man Ejected From Somali Plane in Midair Was Suicide Bomber
- The Pentagon Just Released 200 Long-Awaited Photos Related to Detainee Abuse | VICE News
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/Yea20 17 minutes ago
- Mexico Press Freedom: Veracruz State Prosecutor Criminalizes Murdered Journalist Anabel Flores Salazar to Cover... ow.ly/3bdjGi 21 minutes ago
- United Nations Group Says US Should Address Slavery, Reparations | The Source ow.ly/3bdjGj 21 minutes ago
- [Modern Times] | 4th World Issues, International Politics & Conscious Afro-Indigenismo ow.ly/Ye2rK 1 hour ago
- Status Indian player barred from All Native sports event - Status Indian player barred from All Native sports e... ow.ly/3bdbEA 1 hour ago