The Algerian government says 32 militants and 23 captives were killed during the three-day military operation to end the hostage crisis at a natural gas plant in the Sahara.The provisional death toll was issued by the Interior Ministry on Saturday after the special forces operation crushed the last holdout of the militants at the gas refinery, resulting in 11 extremists killed along with seven hostages.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pueblo indígena desafía jurídicamente a Peña Nieto ante máximo tribunal del país | Centro de Derechos Humanos Zeferino Ladrillero
- PressTV-‘US sends more arms to militants in Syria’
- HuffPo: Basic Gun Violence Research Is Seriously Underfunded
- Texas councilman tasered outside home says he was rehearsing dance routine – video | US news | The Guardian
- Underground fire outside St. Louis has burned since 2010, nears nuclear waste dump – Chicago Tribune
- "Citing an unidentified military source, Interfax said the Defense Ministry was working to create..." ow.ly/35qINc 5 hours ago
- "Citing an unidentified military source, Interfax said the Defense Ministry was working to create small..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1w44q9M 5 hours ago
- #BlackLivesMatter: Physicians Must Stand for Racial Justice, Oct 15 - AMA Journal of Ethics (formerly Virtual Ment... ow.ly/35qDdJ 6 hours ago
- The controversial killing of Fadi Alloun - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/35qDdK 6 hours ago
- Conservative MP Bob Zimmer, on MMIW: Get a job & stay on reserve where you belong — Meet the Harper Gang ow.ly/35qDdL 6 hours ago