Canada’s record of dealing with aboriginal people has come under more criticism, this time from a United Nations panel.Members of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, made up of human-rights experts, questioned why Canada has not made more progress in closing the gap between First Nations communities and the rest of the country, Postmedia News reported.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- China would invade Taiwan in certain circumstances: MND report ow.ly/33tUlH 13 hours ago
- Mineral extraction, renewable energy threaten Nordic Sámi rights, UN says / News / The Foreigner — Norwegian News ... ow.ly/33tUlG 13 hours ago
- "On the 'ethics' of complicity in torture" by J.B.Gerald ow.ly/RCdWr 14 hours ago
- Criminal misconduct within the Baltimore Police Department dominates the reasons for terminations. - Baltimore Sun ow.ly/33tLCl 15 hours ago
- Albino and proud: DR Congo first-of-a-kind festival promotes persecuted minority | Mail & Guardian Africa ow.ly/33tLCk 15 hours ago