Canada’s record of dealing with aboriginal people has come under more criticism, this time from a United Nations panel.Members of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, made up of human-rights experts, questioned why Canada has not made more progress in closing the gap between First Nations communities and the rest of the country, Postmedia News reported.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Wikimedia v. NSA: Standing and the Fight for Free Speech and Privacy | Just Security
- SCLC director calls on black families to arm themselves | www.ajc.com
- Iran-backed rebels loot Yemen files about U.S. spy operations – LA Times
- Palestinians prepared to trigger case as they join ICC | Egypt Independent
- Mumia Abu-Jamal Moved from Prison to Intensive Care, Supporters Seek Access and Answers | Democracy Now!
- "Texas Republicans voted to divert funds from an HIV screening program into abstinence education..." ow.ly/2WO5um 8 hours ago
- ISIS seizes most of Yarmouk refugee camp in Damascus: PLO | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR ow.ly/2WO261 9 hours ago
- "Texas Republicans voted to divert funds from an HIV screening program into abstinence education..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hLY-ej 9 hours ago
- Morning Star :: British politicians back Maduro’s Venezuela - Morning Star :: British politicians back Maduro’s Ve... ow.ly/2WNIoF 10 hours ago
- "She says it’s hate speech and must be investigated. "Completely horrendous. Like to say..." ow.ly/2WNE3v 11 hours ago