Ortiz’s spokeswoman, Christina DiIorio-Sterling, said last night the Swartz case won’t affect the office’s handling of other cases. “Absolutely not,” she said. “We thought the case was reasonably handled and we would not have done things differently.“We’re going to continue doing the work of the office and of following our mission.”Swartz’s grieving girlfriend, Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman, told the Herald, “I am saddened that Ms. Ortiz isn’t taking this moment to reflect on the role of proportionality and judgment in the pursuit of justice. Ms. Ortiz’s office pursued a legal strategy of intimidation where they threatened Aaron with decades of time in prison for an alleged crime with no victims. That’s not justice. That’s bullying.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Support Grows for a National Commission on Reparatory Justice
- Why You Mad Son? Radio | Facebook
- Virginia gunman was told by TV station to seek medical attention, memos say | US news | The Guardian
- COINTELPRO warrior Dhoruba bin Wahad attacked by New Black Panther Party – National Cointelpro | Examiner.com
- LAPD & Chicago bought “Stingrays on steroids” with asset-forfeiture & DHS money – Boing Boing
- Michigan court says juveniles can be raped and abused in prison ow.ly/33lJhG 5 hours ago
- "The term “less than lethal” is thrown around to make tasers, which have been responsible for..." ow.ly/33lIIT 5 hours ago
- "The term “less than lethal” is thrown around to make tasers, which have been responsible for hundreds..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1t2AP6z 6 hours ago
- Michigan Bar Strips Racist Author Kyle Bristow of Short-Story Award | Southern Poverty Law Center ow.ly/33lB3G 6 hours ago
- Migration and the Far Right: An Interview with German Antifascists on Heidenau ow.ly/33lB3F 6 hours ago