Ortiz’s spokeswoman, Christina DiIorio-Sterling, said last night the Swartz case won’t affect the office’s handling of other cases. “Absolutely not,” she said. “We thought the case was reasonably handled and we would not have done things differently.“We’re going to continue doing the work of the office and of following our mission.”Swartz’s grieving girlfriend, Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman, told the Herald, “I am saddened that Ms. Ortiz isn’t taking this moment to reflect on the role of proportionality and judgment in the pursuit of justice. Ms. Ortiz’s office pursued a legal strategy of intimidation where they threatened Aaron with decades of time in prison for an alleged crime with no victims. That’s not justice. That’s bullying.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- SBS sports reporter Scott McIntyre sacked over ‘disrespectful’ Anzac tweets | Media | The Guardian
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- N.W.T. Surface Rights Board set up to resolve land access disputes - North - CBC News ow.ly/2XVUBD 5 hours ago
- N.W.T. Surface Rights Board set up to resolve land access disputes – CBC ow.ly/2XVEYn 6 hours ago
- John Pilger: The Secret Country Again Wages War on Its Own People ow.ly/2XVtV5 7 hours ago
- Death Dealer: James Arthur Ray's 'self-help' killed three people. Now he's back. | The Verge ow.ly/2XTP0T 21 hours ago
- XENOPHOBIA: FG recalls Nigerian envoys to South Africa – TODAY ow.ly/2XScij 1 day ago