Ortiz’s spokeswoman, Christina DiIorio-Sterling, said last night the Swartz case won’t affect the office’s handling of other cases. “Absolutely not,” she said. “We thought the case was reasonably handled and we would not have done things differently.“We’re going to continue doing the work of the office and of following our mission.”Swartz’s grieving girlfriend, Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman, told the Herald, “I am saddened that Ms. Ortiz isn’t taking this moment to reflect on the role of proportionality and judgment in the pursuit of justice. Ms. Ortiz’s office pursued a legal strategy of intimidation where they threatened Aaron with decades of time in prison for an alleged crime with no victims. That’s not justice. That’s bullying.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Dell apologizes for preinstalling bogus root-certificate on computers / Boing Boing
- Teen who ran away to join ISIS allegedly beaten to death when she tried to leave
- Newcastle Metro passenger who was racially abused thanks her ‘Geordie angels’
- PressTV-Russia plane downing ‘planned provocation’
- Athens on edge after explosion severely damages buildings | World news | The Guardian
- No More American Thanksgivings | Black Agenda Report - No More American Thanksgivings | Black Agenda Report: Th... ow.ly/38kUtO 30 minutes ago
- (via Putin warns of ‘serious consequences’ for... - (via Putin warns of ‘serious consequences’ for Turkey after... ow.ly/38kUhc 30 minutes ago
- 4WR seeks #Indigenous & #African activists to comment on this is.gd/nCh0bQ 4 radio programme -> Pls DM @TheAngryindian 38 minutes ago
- PressTV - Russian pilot killing war crime: Syria - PressTV - Russian pilot killing war crime: Syria: On Tuesday... ow.ly/38kMbm 1 hour ago
- "Since the terrorist attacks in Paris, hate crimes against Muslims have jumped a staggering 275..." ow.ly/38kLZ1 1 hour ago