For the past forty eight hours, I have been monitoring social media with growing concern and disgust. There are various aspects to this concern and I will in this post not go into the historical/political/ideological debates about the wrong and rights of Zionism and Israel but focus on the issues that have been raised in the past couple of days. Gilad Atzmon has been on a book tour for his book, The Wandering Who, in America.Now I think a full disclosure is merited. I have some personal investment here as I was labelled as “anti-Semite, Holocaust denier and Nazi sympathizer” a few months ago, simply for reading the author I am about discuss here. As a brown woman, without an EU citizenship, and living in Europe, I find threats by the Zionist lobby to denounce me as anti-Semite the holy cow of the western world more than a little disturbing; these have potentially serious social, political and professional consequences, especially as I have little recourse or opportunity for self-defense.. My crime, or perhaps the better Biblical word is sin, some months ago, was in case you are wondering simply to keep an open mind while reading Gilad Atzmon’s book and reviewing it. Also, an aggravating factor may have been that I supported the principles of freedom of speech to be applied regarding the author and the book In simpler words: disagree with it if you wish, but damn well read it first!
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- globalvoices: The Viral Video that Sent Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan... ow.ly/S0h950eHhqg 2 hours ago
- Israeli Naval Forces Destroy and Drown Palestinian Fishing Boat off Beit Lahia Shore– IMEMC News ow.ly/SU2q50eHgTj 2 hours ago
- indigenous-maya: Indigenous Mother & Child - Oaxaca, Mexico... ow.ly/bBLz50eGRqw 10 hours ago
- Rosneft, KRG sign contract to begin work on 5 oil blocks - Rosneft, KRG sign contract to begin work on 5 oil bl... ow.ly/6aGh50eGPV8 11 hours ago
- Violent pro-North Korean leaflet threatens “crazy dog” Trump with decapitation | NK News - North Korea News ow.ly/f1Ee50eGPNl 11 hours ago
- YouTube removes video of WPA2 vulnerability
- #EU / #Privacy / #Security / #Internet
- Quebec’s controversial consultations into systemic racism get new mandate, name
- un.org // Libya: Smugglers holding refugees and migrants in deplorable conditions, say UN agencies
- #Asia / #USA / #NorthKorea / #SouthKorea
- Macron sets out counter-terror programme for next five years – France 24
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.