For the past forty eight hours, I have been monitoring social media with growing concern and disgust. There are various aspects to this concern and I will in this post not go into the historical/political/ideological debates about the wrong and rights of Zionism and Israel but focus on the issues that have been raised in the past couple of days. Gilad Atzmon has been on a book tour for his book, The Wandering Who, in America.Now I think a full disclosure is merited. I have some personal investment here as I was labelled as “anti-Semite, Holocaust denier and Nazi sympathizer” a few months ago, simply for reading the author I am about discuss here. As a brown woman, without an EU citizenship, and living in Europe, I find threats by the Zionist lobby to denounce me as anti-Semite the holy cow of the western world more than a little disturbing; these have potentially serious social, political and professional consequences, especially as I have little recourse or opportunity for self-defense.. My crime, or perhaps the better Biblical word is sin, some months ago, was in case you are wondering simply to keep an open mind while reading Gilad Atzmon’s book and reviewing it. Also, an aggravating factor may have been that I supported the principles of freedom of speech to be applied regarding the author and the book In simpler words: disagree with it if you wish, but damn well read it first!
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4th World Radyo: White-on-White-Crime in Waco: A Euro-Settler Double-Standard
- Leaked memo suggests biker gangs could target Houston law enforcement – Houston Chronicle
- McDonald’s faces worker pressure as shareholders meet – By Kim Gittleson BBC News, Chicago May 21st 2015
- White Cop Does Not Kill Black Motorist, Becomes National Hero
- ‘No Reason a Democrat Has to Be a Weakling’ – By MARK I. PINSKY May 20, 2015
- "Andrew Auernheimer, a controversial computer hacker who looked through the files, used Twitter to..." ow.ly/2YYDiv 2 hours ago
- Islamic State asserts responsibility for Shiite mosque blast in Saudi Arabia - The Washington Post ow.ly/2YYDeC 2 hours ago
- "Andrew Auernheimer, a controversial computer hacker who looked through the files, used Twitter to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lRIFGV 2 hours ago
- "Video obtained by The Associated Press showed federal police coming under fire and bodies strewn..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lRHrx5 2 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/NjTfM 2 hours ago