From one stolen land to another, we express our highest solidarity with the Mi\’kmaq and Elsipogtog people, the Mi\’kmaq Warriors Society and the members of their blockade, defending their lands and confronting colonial resource extraction and profiteering. The blockade, which began September 30, closed Highway 134 in New Brunswick, in the Canadian state, in order to prevent devastating resource extraction hydraulic fracturing or \”fracking\” by SWN Resources, a large U.S. corporation.This blockade is a powerful action of Indigenous people exerting their right to their land, to protect it and prevent its exploitation and destruction taking place, and demanding justice, dignity and decolonization. SWN Resources claims the blockade has cost it $60,000 daily as it attempts to carry out natural gas exploration in the area for hydraulic fracturing. Hydraulic fracturing fracking is a destructive process to extract shale gas that is devastating to the environment and water.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Accused in motel murder granted bail, conditions... - Accused in motel murder granted bail, conditions not disc... ow.ly/Opo650dzF4f 44 minutes ago
- africandiasporaphd:ARTICLE: Holden on African-American Children... ow.ly/hqNJ50dzC4Z 1 hour ago
- James Fields Jr. was 'infatuated' with Nazis, former teacher says ow.ly/GAVD50dzvRw 3 hours ago
- Alt-Right Organisations Have Declared: ‘We Are At War’ w/ the US Govt. What will Trump do? ow.ly/ix2H30ewlKR https://t.co/vspqlSuWzP 4 hours ago
- Steve Herman on Twitter - Steve Herman on Twitter ow.ly/HWC550dzmDH 5 hours ago
- Accused in motel murder granted bail, conditions not disclosed
- Thousands rally in Deiyai over fatal shooting
- #Republicans / #altReich / #FakeNews
- #Forensics / #Justice / #Crime
- Medievalists Respond to Charlottesville | The Medieval Academy Blog
- Former aide asks court to declare George Galloway bankrupt
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.