The comments reportedly were made last week during a debate in the British Parliament’s House of Commons. Former Knesset member Einat Wilf was at the debate and posted Straw’s remarks on her Facebook page.Straw said, according to Wilf, that the greatest obstacles to peace between Israel and the Palestinians and her Arab neighbors are the “unlimited” funds available to Jewish organizations and AIPAC in the United States, as well as Germany’s “obsession” with defending Israel.“I guess he neglected to mention Jewish control of the media …,” Wilf added in her Facebook status.Straw announced Friday that he would step down as a parliament member from the Labor Party at the 2015 general election. He has served in parliament since 1979.
- Ex-UK FM: ‘Unlimited’ Jewish funds control US policy, block Mideast peace (timesofisrael.com)
- Jack Straw decries ‘unlimited’ Jewish funds as destroying Mideast peace (jta.org)
- I’m not remotely anti-Semitic, says ex-British FM Straw (timesofisrael.com)
- AIPAC’s ‘unlimited’ funds are greatest obstacle to peace, former British foreign sec’y says (mondoweiss.net)
- Ex-UK FM Jack Straw – ‘Unlimited’ Jewish funds control US policy, block Mideast peace (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- Former UK FM Says Jewish Orgs With “Unlimited Funds” Hinder Peace Process (jpupdates.com)