Environmental opposition has been fierce with groups citing concerns over potential oil spills and the difficulty tankers would have navigating the islands of the Douglas Channel.Enbridge came under fire last year after releasing a video of the tankers’ passage but photo-shopping out about 1,000 square kilometers of islands.Enbridge argues that the project would provide thousands of jobs and boost not only Alberta’s revenues but also BC’s and Canada’s as a whole. The company also claims that over 200 experts and scientists have conducted a comprehensive environmental assessment and determined that the project is safe.
via Northern Gateway pipeline approved by panel with 209 conditions | On First Nation Issues, Events, And Environmental Issues On The West Coast And World Events..
- Panel recommends approval for Northern Gateway pipeline, with conditions #oil (gulllakesk.ca)
- Northern Gateway pipeline approved by panel with 209 conditions | On First Nation Issues, Events, And Environmental Issues On The West Coast And World Events. (aboriginalpress.wordpress.com)
- Northern Gateway tar-sands pipeline gets crucial government blessing (grist.org)
- Panel approves Northern Gateway oil pipeline with 209 conditions (canadianbusiness.com)
- Review panel supports Northern Gateway pipeline but with conditions (macleans.ca)
- B.C. unconvinced of Northern Gateway despite JRP approval (metronews.ca)
- Enbridge Faces New Costs, Old Opposition on Pipeline (bloomberg.com)