The brief video marked Snowden’s first television appearance since he fled possible prosecution in the United States and arrived in Moscow in June. It came soon after The Washington Post published an extensive account of his comments during more than 14 hours of interviews.Revelations from documents leaked by Snowden first appeared in June in The Post and in Britain’s Guardian newspaper, and have continued to emerge in the months since.In the Post interview, Snowden said he had succeeded in spawning the debate he sought by bringing to light the extent of surveillance by the U.S. and British governments.
- Whistleblower Edward Snowden says government spying worse than Orwellian (thestar.com)
- Edward Snowden says spying worse than Orwellian (bangordailynews.com)
- Snowden says spying worse than Orwellian (stltoday.com)
- Recap of Snowden Interview (syndicatednewsservices.com)
- Edward Snowden, American nationalist (washingtonpost.com)
- Snowden: ‘Mission Accomplished’ (voanews.com)
- Snowden says surveillance was worse than Orwell’s ‘1984’ (bostonglobe.com)