Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Syria’s Assad Used Chemical Arms Against ISIS – Middle East News – Haaretz
- Son of Missing Jewish CIA Agent Levinson Traveled to Iran in Search of Father – Jewish World News – Haaretz – Israel News Haaretz.com
- Jail didn’t save video footage showing cell of man who died – Houston Chronicle
- Father Daniel Berrigan, Anti-War Activist
- PressTV-Daesh releases ‘hit list’ of US pilots
- Syria's Assad Used Chemical Arms Against ISIS - Middle East News - Haaretz ow.ly/8K2nu5 2 hours ago
- The Life and Death of Daniel Berrigan - The Life and Death of Daniel Berrigan ow.ly/8K2kmR 3 hours ago
- [Modern Times] | 4th World Issues, International Politic & Conscious Afro-Indigenismo ow.ly/4nlJL4 4 hours ago
- fergusonresponse: MADISON, WI FRI MAY 6 - 5:00 PM SOCIAL... - fergusonresponse: MADISON, WI FRI MAY 6 - 5:00 PM... ow.ly/8K2bYa 5 hours ago
- These Are the Black Women Allegedly Killed by an LA Serial Killer Called the Grim Sleeper - Mic ow.ly/4nlH6x 7 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.