Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Prison Radio
- Government delivered a letter of protest against the decree Obama on the US Embassy (AUDIO) | RNV – Radio Nacional de Venezuela
- Arab states should “strike” Gaza like Yemen, says advisor to Mahmoud Abbas | The Electronic Intifada
- S.F. jail inmates forced to fight, public defender says – SFGate
- Courthouse News Service – Startling Drone Pilot Revelation in DOJ Audit By ADAM KLASFELD
- "At a pro-police rally in St Louis on Saturday, Jeff Roorda, the controversial police union..." ow.ly/2WJjA2 47 minutes ago
- Mumia Abu-Jamal Taken to Hospital in Emergency, Surrounded by Guards; Family & Friends Denied Access | Democracy N... ow.ly/2WJj1h 48 minutes ago
- Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Prison Radio - Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Priso... ow.ly/2WJj1g 48 minutes ago
- #Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Prison Radio ow.ly/L29V4 1 hour ago
- "At a pro-police rally in St Louis on Saturday, Jeff Roorda, the controversial police union..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hD-Nkh 1 hour ago