Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests - JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — Indonesia’s military and ... ow.ly/wCKb50fjmzd 8 hours ago
- Me Facing Life: Cyntoia's Story | A Woman in Prison | Independent Lens | PBS ow.ly/6oc550fiTYO 16 hours ago
- collectorsweekly: “We were the prophets, the messengers, the... ow.ly/KYg750fiRqF 17 hours ago
- Liberals will back U.N. Indigenous rights bill - iPolitics - Liberals will back U.N. Indigenous rights bill - i... ow.ly/42G550fiR1w 17 hours ago
- Indiĝenaj Inteligenteco | A Fourth World Intelligence Newsblog ow.ly/SstM30gJfSf 17 hours ago
- Group calls for Indonesian forces to stop virginity tests
- Trump Jr. met with man with close ties to Kremlin
- Herpes scientist injected people with experimental vaccine in hotel room
- Australian Prime Minister ‘blames Muslims’ for voting against equal marriage
- Russia-sponsored troll networks targeting the U.S. may number in the hundreds
- Syracuse University mumps outbreak – bad anti-vaccine math
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.