Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4th World Radyo: White-on-White-Crime in Waco: A Euro-Settler Double-Standard
- Leaked memo suggests biker gangs could target Houston law enforcement – Houston Chronicle
- McDonald’s faces worker pressure as shareholders meet – By Kim Gittleson BBC News, Chicago May 21st 2015
- White Cop Does Not Kill Black Motorist, Becomes National Hero
- ‘No Reason a Democrat Has to Be a Weakling’ – By MARK I. PINSKY May 20, 2015
- 4th World Radyo: White-on-White-Crime in Waco: A Euro-Settler Double-Standard | APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/Nk4sA 2 hours ago
- "Andrew Auernheimer, a controversial computer hacker who looked through the files, used Twitter to..." ow.ly/2YYDiv 5 hours ago
- Islamic State asserts responsibility for Shiite mosque blast in Saudi Arabia - The Washington Post ow.ly/2YYDeC 5 hours ago
- "Andrew Auernheimer, a controversial computer hacker who looked through the files, used Twitter to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lRIFGV 5 hours ago
- "Video obtained by The Associated Press showed federal police coming under fire and bodies strewn..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lRHrx5 5 hours ago