Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Deli Owner Hangs White Pride Sign In Window, Promptly Goes Out Of Business
- Former BCL workers reject local environmental knowledge in heated FB debate
- several more tedious pindosi media deceptions (but they come to light more often, too)
- DEA, US Army bought $1.2M worth of hacking tools in recent years | Ars Technica
- Feds Indict Houston PD ‘Officer of the Year’ for Trafficking Cocaine for Los Zetas Cartel – The True News
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/LIQkl 1 day ago
- "Hackers also leaked digital files that contained confidential information.@These files contained..." ow.ly/2XuB9j 1 day ago
- Chicago Offers Reparations Package to Police Torture Victims | BlackPressUSA ow.ly/2XuzJY 1 day ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/LIwOZ 1 day ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/LIwG9 1 day ago