Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- People’s movement and another SFPD murder force Greg Suhr to… — FIRST NATIONS
- PressTV-‘Israel seeks extermination of Palestinians’
- Obama’s Foreign Policy? “Kill ’em all.” — Political Film Blog
- #Mapuche Resistance Group, Weichan Auka Mapu, Claims more than 30 Sabotage Attacks | Warrior Publications
- Haisla Nation in tough waiting game as LNG delayed — Warrior Publications
- Albasud - Honduras: "No me doblegarán", Bertha Cáceres - Albasud - Honduras: "No me doblegarán", Bertha Cáceres... ow.ly/b8LV500N4Lv 59 minutes ago
- Ice Cream named after Hitler in India deemed tasteless - Ice Cream named after Hitler in India deemed tasteless ow.ly/vzdc500N4KD 59 minutes ago
- Operation Condor: An Era of State Terror Made in Washington, DC | Multimedia | teleSUR English ow.ly/rgMF500N4Lw 59 minutes ago
- "Operation Condor"-Urteil: "Die Verschwundenen sind präsent" ow.ly/AVPv500N224 2 hours ago
- Audio: 4thWorldRadyo / Faith, Forgetfulness & Folly: A Field Negro’s Guide to #Election2016 is.gd/Tlr0fs https://t.co/3LC4ktSb35 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.