Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Man indicted for fatal beating of transgendered woman – NY Daily News
- David Petraeus To Plead Guilty To Leaking Classified Information – BuzzFeed News
- Hispanics more likely than whites to say global warming is caused by humans | Pew Research Center
- PressTV-UAE financed Egypt military coup: Leaks
- Video Shows Los Angeles Police Shooting That Killed A Homeless Man – BuzzFeed News
- During the speech, Netanyahu said Tehran plans to build 190,000 centrifuges (a figure first used last year by Supr... ow.ly/2Vrk0s 7 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'Conscious Being & Ethical Nothingness' (01.03.2015) is.gd/2NPjwq #RIP @Joanie399 8 hours ago
- Overheard: During the speech, Netanyahu said Tehran plans to build 190,000 centrifuges (a figure first used... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1exPm3N 8 hours ago
- "…However, there are important reasons why it should not be done. Writing on a bank note may..." ow.ly/2VrfRg 8 hours ago
- Chapel Hill Shooter Obsessively Documented His Muslim Victims’ Parking Habits | Mediaite ow.ly/2Vrffv 8 hours ago