John Prescott: Israel’s bombardment of Gaza is a war crime – and it must end – John Prescott – Mirror Online

Those who live in Gaza are kept like prisoners behind walls and fences, unable to escape the bombings, and an Israeli economic blockade has forced Palestinians into poverty.Israel’s Iron Dome defence system easily intercepts missiles launched from Gaza. Three Israeli citizens have died from these ­primitive rockets, with 32 soldiers killed fighting Hamas.Compare that to the toll in Gaza. Of the 1,000-plus to die, more than 80 per cent were ­civilians, mostly women and children.But who is to say some of the other 20 per cent weren’t ­innocent too? Israel brands them terrorists but it is acting as judge, jury and ­executioner in the ­concentration camp that is Gaza.And Israel flouts international law by continuing to build illegal Jewish settlements. Why? Because it knows it can get away with it.What happened to the Jewish people at the hands of the Nazis is appalling. But you would think those atrocities would give Israelis a unique sense of perspective and empathy with the victims of a ghetto.

via John Prescott: Israel’s bombardment of Gaza is a war crime – and it must end – John Prescott – Mirror Online.

Enough 14 -

- Its time to revolt! - -

Doña Dulcinea

The Sun Shines Behind The Clouds Through The Raindrops Falling On My Head

Socialist Action

In Solidarity With Workers and the Oppressed Everywhere

Richardson Reports

News you can't get anywhere else....

nuclear-news

The News That Matters about the Nuclear Industry Fukushima Chernobyl Mayak Three Mile Island Atomic Testing Radiation Isotope

AGR Daily News

Quaker Inspired, Evidence Based, Art And Science Of Sustainable Health Plus Success - How To Create Heaven On Earth - Education For Seventh Generation Rainbow Warriors

Observer

People and Trends

Patribotics

Louise Mensch, National Security Journalism

Angry White Men

Tracking White Supremacy

Tina Ngata

Dismantling Frameworks of Domination, Rematriating Ways of Being.

SKWAWKBOX

News, politics, insights, inside information from the left

Mike Rothschild

Conspiracy theory researcher and debunker

caged but undaunted

stanley l cohen

IPNOT GLOBAL

We are a group of grassroots activists from all over the world. Palestine Unites Us. News about Palestine and its supporters worldwide

settler colonial studies blog

A blog for the advancement of settler colonial studies

Longreads

The best longform stories on the web