News : The Hankyoreh – Chung is suspected of concealing the amount in Hong Kong and other countries after receiving a brokerage fee of nearly 300 billion won for the navy‘s acquisition of 1,200-ton and 1,500-ton submarines from the German company HDW. Chung is well known as a major figure on brokering naval weapons transactions. A member of the 17th class at the Korea Naval Academy (joining in 1959), he was later deployed to Vietnam and worked in logistics and procurement before his 1977 discharge. He went on to head the South Korea branch of MTU, a German maker of submarine engines, before entering the field of weapons brokerage in 1983 with his establishment of Haksan Silop, a company named after his home village of Haksan in Gangneung, Gangwon Province. Having prospered through his associations with the Korea Naval Academy and Germany, Chung also gained notoriety outside the military for his involvement in the Yulgok Project scandal in 1993, in which he received an eighteen-month prison sentence suspended for three years after revelations that he delivered 300 million won to former Navy Chief of Staff Kim Chul-woo to participate in a Korean destroyer development project.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Doctors Say a Third of Dementia Cases Could be Prevented - Doctors Say a Third of Dementia Cases Could be Preve... ow.ly/eM5050cW4wd 21 hours ago
- Opinion | I’m a scientist. I’m blowing the whistle on the Trump administration. ow.ly/onYT50cW13U 22 hours ago
- If you think the New York Post was a #Liberal newspaper, you are a fucking idiot: ow.ly/tmct30dMZgk is.gd/qN5a6X 22 hours ago
- Got something to say? #4thWorldRadyo is on Skype [aboriginalnewsgroup] taking Indigenous reports/opinions 24/7 (ask 4 contact request) 22 hours ago
- Nigger (the word), a brief history | African American Registry ow.ly/dKfE50cVgwS 1 day ago
- Ismahil Blagrove on Why the Days of the Mainstream Media Are Over This is awesome. I’ve
- David Cay Johnston: GOP Budget Redistributes Money to the Rich
- #Brazil / #Capitalism / #USA
- Tenth Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Challenge to San Ildefonso Pueblo Land Rights
- #USA / #UnitedKingdom / #Terrorism / #FalseFlag / #WorldWarTwo / #Propaganda
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.