As a Fellow of the Royal Society (RS), Roberts should be aware of the Society’s failure to acknowledge and correct the misleading and exaggerated statements that it or its members have used to actively promote GMOs and smear critics since the mid-1990s and, in effect, convey false impressions. Roberts himself appears to be reading from a similar script. See the open letter to the RS from Steven Druker (author of ‘Altered Genes, Twisted Truth’, which discusses the scientific fraud underpinning the attempt to alter the genetic core of the world’s food supply for the benefit of powerful interests).While Roberts likes to convey the impression of an overwhelming consensus on the efficacy and safety of GMOs, this is not true – whether among scientists themselves, scientific literature or prominent institutions. For instance, Food & Water Watch has produced this informative, fully-referenced brief on the general lack of consensus within science on GM. Furthermore, readers may also wish to consult this by geneticist Mae-Wan Ho, which addresses the “central dogma” of molecular biology that provides a “simplistic picture” of the precision involved in GM, and this (which cites peer-reviewed sources) on the failures of 20 years of GMOs.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- globalvoices: The Viral Video that Sent Kazakhstan-Kyrgyzstan... ow.ly/S0h950eHhqg 2 hours ago
- Israeli Naval Forces Destroy and Drown Palestinian Fishing Boat off Beit Lahia Shore– IMEMC News ow.ly/SU2q50eHgTj 2 hours ago
- indigenous-maya: Indigenous Mother & Child - Oaxaca, Mexico... ow.ly/bBLz50eGRqw 10 hours ago
- Rosneft, KRG sign contract to begin work on 5 oil blocks - Rosneft, KRG sign contract to begin work on 5 oil bl... ow.ly/6aGh50eGPV8 11 hours ago
- Violent pro-North Korean leaflet threatens “crazy dog” Trump with decapitation | NK News - North Korea News ow.ly/f1Ee50eGPNl 11 hours ago
- YouTube removes video of WPA2 vulnerability
- #EU / #Privacy / #Security / #Internet
- Quebec’s controversial consultations into systemic racism get new mandate, name
- un.org // Libya: Smugglers holding refugees and migrants in deplorable conditions, say UN agencies
- #Asia / #USA / #NorthKorea / #SouthKorea
- Macron sets out counter-terror programme for next five years – France 24
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.