Buried in the headlines about the new Congress, and among the furious efforts of the Republican leadership’s attempt to change the subject, was the reprehensible case of Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.). As you might have heard, Scalise has now admitted to giving a speech earlier in his political career to a white supremacist group founded by former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke. Trolling for votes in Louisiana, Scalise thought it was a good idea to speak to one of the most vile hate groups in America.Duke ran for several elections, and the wise people of Louisiana largely rejected this neo-Nazi, and he only won a seat to the state legislature in 1989 by fewer than 300 votes. But it seems that the radical right vote was potent enough that Scalise sought it out as part of his electoral coalition, which would eventually elevate him to a senior leadership post in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.I am trying to imagine a scenario in which a Democrat admits to having sought votes among violent communists at their get-together, an admission that would consequently provoke the full-throated support of the Democratic leadership. It just would not would happen. The radical left was exiled from the Democratic Party decades ago.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pan-Africanist Int. on Twitter - Pan-Africanist Int. on Twitter ow.ly/sOP350eeD64 1 day ago
- Bangladesh imposes mobile phone ban on Rohingya refugees | TODAY.NG ow.ly/MDKf50eeCVP 1 day ago
- Jackie Robinson: 'I Cannot Stand and Sing the Anthem. I Cannot Salute the Flag' ow.ly/gLtm50eeBl6 1 day ago
- #IranContra Committee Report v.gd/Nu8QaR https://t.co/RsSsRtwnvh 1 day ago
- Airport Police Demanded an Activist’s Passwords. He Refused. Now He Faces Prison in the U.K. ow.ly/dacZ50eey3E 1 day ago
- AfD in Köln: Partei vergrößert Wählerbasis stark – große Unterschiede zwischen Vierteln | Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger
- Florida Gov. Scott’s office deleted all 4 calls for help from nursing home where 11 died after Irma
- Powerless Puerto Rico’s storm crisis deepens with dam threatening to fail
- GOP Funds Donald Trump’s Defense in Russia Probe With Help From a Handful of Wealthy People
- #Barcelona dockworkers boycott Spanish police repression ships
- 10 Months After Election Day, Feds Tell States More About Russian Hacking
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.