The groups, which held a seminar at Thammasat University yesterday, said the draft restricted rights on environmental issues and public hearings, and failed to address public health issues across the economic spectrum.Consumer rights groups said they were being denied a voice.The seminar also covered provisions relating to the tackling of corruption.Amarin Saichan of the Enlaw Foundation, a non-profit legal group, said the draft restricts rights relating to environmental issues, such as the right to act to protect the environment.It also fails to guarantee public hearings to gather feedback on development projects.Mr Amarin said the draft emphasises fair water and garbage management and the importance of climate change. But it fails to mention how to reduce garbage and does not outline legal measures that allow the public to take part in waste management.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Mama Yosepha Met Pacific’s Catholic Church Leaders
- HHS in the News, and in Regulations, and in Lawsuits Late last week, this article from Politico started making the rounds:
- Manhunt Underway for Tennessee Shooter Who Killed 4 People of Color
- Boko Haram: Nigerian Army plans Operation LAST HOLD exercise in Lake Chad Basin
- Quebec mosque killer confided he wished he had shot more people, court told
- Critics Slam Viral Stories Claiming Douma Chemical Attack Victims Died from ‘Dust’
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.