“This has all the hallmarks of tradecraft. The only rationale to release such data from the Russian bulletproof host was to empower one candidate against another. The Cold War is alive and well,” Tom Kellermann, the CEO of Strategic Cyber Ventures told Defense One.Here’s the timeline: On June 14, cybersecurity company CrowdStrike, under contract with the DNC, announced in a blog post that two separate Russian intelligence groups had gained access to the DNC network. One group, FANCY BEAR or APT 28, gained access in April. The other, COZY BEAR, (also called Cozy Duke and APT 29) first breached the network in the summer of 2015.Cybersecurity company FireEye first discovered APT 29 in 2014 and was quick to point out a clear Kremlin connection. “We suspect the Russian government sponsors the group because of the organizations it targets and the data it steals. Additionally, APT 29 appeared to cease operations on Russian holidays, and their work hours seem to align with the UTC +3 time zone, which contains cities such as Moscow and St. Petersburg,” they wrote in their report on the group. Other U.S. officials have said that the group looks like it has sponsorship from the Russian government due in large part to the level of sophistication behind the group’s attacks.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pan-Africanist Int. on Twitter - Pan-Africanist Int. on Twitter ow.ly/sOP350eeD64 17 hours ago
- Bangladesh imposes mobile phone ban on Rohingya refugees | TODAY.NG ow.ly/MDKf50eeCVP 17 hours ago
- Jackie Robinson: 'I Cannot Stand and Sing the Anthem. I Cannot Salute the Flag' ow.ly/gLtm50eeBl6 18 hours ago
- #IranContra Committee Report v.gd/Nu8QaR https://t.co/RsSsRtwnvh 18 hours ago
- Airport Police Demanded an Activist’s Passwords. He Refused. Now He Faces Prison in the U.K. ow.ly/dacZ50eey3E 20 hours ago
- AfD in Köln: Partei vergrößert Wählerbasis stark – große Unterschiede zwischen Vierteln | Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger
- Florida Gov. Scott’s office deleted all 4 calls for help from nursing home where 11 died after Irma
- Powerless Puerto Rico’s storm crisis deepens with dam threatening to fail
- GOP Funds Donald Trump’s Defense in Russia Probe With Help From a Handful of Wealthy People
- #Barcelona dockworkers boycott Spanish police repression ships
- 10 Months After Election Day, Feds Tell States More About Russian Hacking
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.