For fellow members of the 1st Infantry Division’s 201st Forward Support Battalion, the loss of an officer who, according to his comrades, was universally liked and respected was a devastating moment relatively early in their deployment in Iraq.“He was just that type of person, wanting to make sure his soldiers were okay,” Legros said. He was a “soldier’s officer,” she said, personally invested in those serving under him.Following his father’s emotionally charged speech at last week’s Democratic convention, Khan is now at the center of a major political controversy about the role of Muslims in America and the treatment of families who have lost loved ones in the line of duty.Soldiers who served with Khan declined to talk about the political dynamics swirling around the Khan family’s public stand. But they described their former comrade as a down-to-earth young officer who set aside the conventions of military hierarchy to connect with lower-ranking soldiers and enlisted personnel.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- A Russian Hacker Has Confessed to Hacking the DNC - A Russian Hacker Has Confessed to Hacking the DNC: «Я был завер… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 minutes ago
- Moore holds final Ala. rally: 'If you don’t believe in my character, don’t vote for me' - Moore holds final Ala. ra… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Simran Jeet Singh on Twitter - Simran Jeet Singh on Twitter ow.ly/pwk450fFkdy 14 hours ago
- Sex in the City (2010): As Ukraine experiences war and economic... - Sex in the City (2010): As Ukraine experiences… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- Idle No More-inspired charity still has impact in Allan Gardens - Toronto - CBC News - Idle No More-inspired charit… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- Women who accused Trump of sexual misconduct: ‘Let’s try round two’
- ANF | Iraqi forces killed 10 ISIS members hiding in a tunnel in Rashad town near Kirkuk.
- 4thWorldRadyo // White Liberals to the Left – Black Conservatives to My Right and neo-Nazis in My Face – Stuck in the Middle w/ Colonial Hyper-Normalisation
- PressTV – ‘Brits who left home for Daesh should be killed’
- Police guns are turning up in crimes, but ATF can’t talk about it
- Dissident republican leader who plotted attack during Prince Charles’ visit jailed 11 years
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.