It’s a very difficult feeling to describe. Not long after I was first detained by the military, I was taken to a prison camp in Kuwait, where I essentially lived in a cage inside of a tent. I didn’t have any access to the outside world. I couldn’t make phone calls. I didn’t get any mail. I had very limited access to my lawyers. There was no television or radio or newspapers. I lost the sense of where in the world I was. The military had total control over every aspect of my life. They controlled what information I had access to. They controlled when I ate and slept. They even controlled when I went to the bathroom. After several weeks, I didn’t know how long I had been there or how much longer I was going to be staying. It’s an overwhelmingly terrifying feeling. I became very, very sad. At one point, I even gave up on trying to live any more.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The commandment of the TIKKO in Rojava tell the attacks against Internationalist Batallion – Nouvelle Turquie
- White House blocks CNN, New York Times, Politico from press briefing
- Africa: Tunisia to Participate in Joint Military Exercises With France, U.S. and Germany
- Germans surprised, disturbed at idea of Russian youth ‘storming Reichstag’ | Germany | DW.COM | 24.02.2017
- U.S. troops wounded in Iraqi offensive against Mosul
- Interview with the Women’s Committee of the TKP/ML TiKKO (guerrilla) – Nouvelle Turquie ow.ly/TxN8509Nkhn 3 days ago
- Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th birthday - Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th bi... ow.ly/hDa4509N7xn 3 days ago
- 2017 Suppressed News - February 22, 2017 Montreal Yemen South Sudan ow.ly/DYi9509N7lU 3 days ago
- India Condemns Deadly Shooting of Engineer in Kansas as FBI Probes 'Hate Crime' | World Affairs Journal ow.ly/YCR8509N7lT 3 days ago
- 4thWorldRadyo STILL seeking #WhitePeople to discuss #LorneAhrens & #WhiteSupremacy in the #Military & LEO via Skype… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.