Police arrived at Gaines’s home that morning to serve an outstanding warrant from another encounter she had recorded and shown online: a March traffic stop that ended in her being charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Police also had a warrant for her boyfriend, Kareem Kiean Courtney, 39, who was charged with second-degree assault in a domestic incident involving Gaines.No one answered the door, the chief said in recounting events. Courtney soon came out of the residence with a younger child and was arrested on the assault warrant. He was later released on his own recognizance.But Gaines refused to leave, police officials said. When officers entered using a landlord’s key, they said, Gaines was sitting on the floor pointing a shotgun at them, and her son was nearby.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Original non-Partisan Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/upiI30iBunY 6 hours ago
- No Tar Sands / No Keystone XL Pipeline / No Trespassing on Lakota Nation... youtu.be/9OsHPnffvYI 19 hours ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/XUlh30iAwtx 2 days ago
- Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS-ANG) ow.ly/h1cO30iAwt0 2 days ago
- 4thWorldRadyo is in the studio! ow.ly/muIQW [DM .@TheAngryindian for Hangouts/SIP/XMPP request]… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Philippines hunts for 12 inmates who escaped from jail, SE Asia News & Top Stories – The Straits Times
- Hundreds Demonstrate in Vienna in Solidarity with East Ghouta
- Unfair ISIS Trial in Iraq Hands Women Harshest Sentences
- Sheldon Adelson offers to help pay for U.S. embassy in Jerusalem
- Gun control debates create gun production booms, government data show
- Gurpreet Singh: Jaspal Atwal fiasco reveals hypocrisy of the Indian government
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.