aca cut a deal with prosecutors early this year that would have sent him to prison for six months to atone for covering up extensive abuse of force and civil rights violations by his deputies. He was not accused of participating directly in the beatings and smuggling operation uncovered by the FBI, but allegedly gave his blessing to his deputies’ plan to personally intimidate an investigator and then lied about doing so.But in July, a judge rejected the plea bargain as too soft on Baca, who ran the nation’s largest sheriff’s department for 16 years. The decision left Baca to choose between letting the same judge decide his sentence on a charge with a maximum sentence of five years, or walking away from the table and going before a jury.By rescinding his earlier plea on charges he lied to investigators, the former sheriff gives prosecutors a chance to bring new, broader charges with much higher potential prison time.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The commandment of the TIKKO in Rojava tell the attacks against Internationalist Batallion – Nouvelle Turquie
- White House blocks CNN, New York Times, Politico from press briefing
- Africa: Tunisia to Participate in Joint Military Exercises With France, U.S. and Germany
- Germans surprised, disturbed at idea of Russian youth ‘storming Reichstag’ | Germany | DW.COM | 24.02.2017
- U.S. troops wounded in Iraqi offensive against Mosul
- Interview with the Women’s Committee of the TKP/ML TiKKO (guerrilla) – Nouvelle Turquie ow.ly/TxN8509Nkhn 1 day ago
- Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th birthday - Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th bi... ow.ly/hDa4509N7xn 1 day ago
- 2017 Suppressed News - February 22, 2017 Montreal Yemen South Sudan ow.ly/DYi9509N7lU 1 day ago
- India Condemns Deadly Shooting of Engineer in Kansas as FBI Probes 'Hate Crime' | World Affairs Journal ow.ly/YCR8509N7lT 1 day ago
- 4thWorldRadyo STILL seeking #WhitePeople to discuss #LorneAhrens & #WhiteSupremacy in the #Military & LEO via Skype… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.