The Obama administration has repeatedly rejected GOP accusations that the cash — part of a $1.7 billion agreement to settle a decades-old arms deal dispute — was meant to grease the release of four US prisoners who were freed in January when Tehran implemented a landmark nuclear deal. A fifth US prisoner was released separately.Secretary of State John Kerry insisted Thursday that the United States never pays ransoms for hostages, rejecting accusations that a $400 million payment to Iran was a quid pro quo for the release of American prisoners.”First of all, the United States of America does not pay ransom and does not negotiate ransoms with any country,” Kerry said at a news conference in Argentina. “We never have and we’re not doing that now. It is not our policy.”A furor erupted after The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday on the circumstances and timing of a cash payment to Iran. CNN had at the time reported that the transfer had been arranged.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Canadian press defenceless, as House fails to pass shield bill – IFEX
- Trump lawyer’s firm steered millions in donations to family members, files show | US news | The Guardian
- Hackers cause disruption in several European countries | News | Al Jazeera
- #Russia / #Obama / #Putin / #TrumpRussia
- #DomesticTerrorism / #USA / #FarRight / #Americas
- Sleep May Suffer in Blacks Who Face Discrimination | DiversityInc ow.ly/tcxU50cs6iz 12 hours ago
- An Unaccompanied Dialectic on Postcolonial African Angst & Subversively Critical non-Participation/APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/7COl30d0hl6 13 hours ago
- Oklahoma State Senator Ralph Shortey turns himself in after being charged with engaging in child prostitution ow.ly/OkkJ50cs48N 13 hours ago
- fuckyeahanarchistposters:Valparaíso, Chile: Actividades en el... ow.ly/Ra9d50cs26e 14 hours ago
- Viral photos of prison 'strip-show' drive Facebook users up the pole ow.ly/Fmvz50crZPA 15 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.