Evan McMullin, a little-known former Republican policy director and former CIA agent, is planning to run for president as an independent conservative candidate standing in contrast to Donald Trump.A source with knowledge of the plans has confirmed Mr McMullin is planning to run following reports from MSNBC’s Morning Joe and BuzzFeed.Like Mr Trump, Mr McMullin has an MBA from Wharton business school, but he is much more aligned with the policies and beliefs of the Republican party, and formally worked as the chief policy director of the House Republican conference.“He is running, first and foremost, out of a deep love for this country, and because he understands the true brand of American leadership that is required to be Commander-in-Chief,” an email sent by his campaign to supporters said.Mr McMullin has been a frequent critic of Mr Trump on social media, calling him an authoritarian and criticizing his stance on civil rights as well as his refusal to release his tax returns.He is 40 years old, unmarried and has never previously run for office. His candidacy is reportedly being pushed by the “Never Trump” supporters in the party.“The House Republican Conference has zero knowledge of his intentions,” said House GOP spokesman Nate Hodson, adding that Mr McMullin is no longer employed with them.In addition to his low-profile and his lack of a quick source of campaign cash, he will face immediate hurdles to try to get his name on enough ballot papers to make himself a serious candidate.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Trump vs. #Palestine
- Report: Girl in Weiner sexting case lied to damage Clinton | TheHill
- Saudi Arabia Wants Trump to Drop 9/11 Terror Victims Law By Tom O’Connor On 3/20/17
- Raytheon and Saudi Arabia Military Industries announce strategic partnership
- Josiah Begg’s family says person pulled from river in Thunder Bay, Ont., was missing First Nations teen
- CLAIM: Saudi Arabia Paying For Veterans To Oppose 9/11 Law On Capitol Hill ow.ly/KmCT50bFtkj 6 hours ago
- St. Paul’s School Acknowledges Decades of Sexual Misconduct - St. Paul’s School Acknowledges Decades of Sexual ... ow.ly/bc3450bFrp1 7 hours ago
- Gov’t says 560 children kept in Turkish prisons along with mothers | Turkey Purge ow.ly/exC350bFret 7 hours ago
- Theresa May faces 'chaos and confusion' claims after social care U-turn | Society | The Guardian ow.ly/Q9eC50bFres 7 hours ago
- 4WR #Podcast seeks #African & #Indigenous Ppls to comment on this via Skype / Pls DM @TheAngryindian (Serious Only) twitter.com/telesurenglish… 8 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.