Evan McMullin, a little-known former Republican policy director and former CIA agent, is planning to run for president as an independent conservative candidate standing in contrast to Donald Trump.A source with knowledge of the plans has confirmed Mr McMullin is planning to run following reports from MSNBC’s Morning Joe and BuzzFeed.Like Mr Trump, Mr McMullin has an MBA from Wharton business school, but he is much more aligned with the policies and beliefs of the Republican party, and formally worked as the chief policy director of the House Republican conference.“He is running, first and foremost, out of a deep love for this country, and because he understands the true brand of American leadership that is required to be Commander-in-Chief,” an email sent by his campaign to supporters said.Mr McMullin has been a frequent critic of Mr Trump on social media, calling him an authoritarian and criticizing his stance on civil rights as well as his refusal to release his tax returns.He is 40 years old, unmarried and has never previously run for office. His candidacy is reportedly being pushed by the “Never Trump” supporters in the party.“The House Republican Conference has zero knowledge of his intentions,” said House GOP spokesman Nate Hodson, adding that Mr McMullin is no longer employed with them.In addition to his low-profile and his lack of a quick source of campaign cash, he will face immediate hurdles to try to get his name on enough ballot papers to make himself a serious candidate.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The commandment of the TIKKO in Rojava tell the attacks against Internationalist Batallion – Nouvelle Turquie
- White House blocks CNN, New York Times, Politico from press briefing
- Africa: Tunisia to Participate in Joint Military Exercises With France, U.S. and Germany
- Germans surprised, disturbed at idea of Russian youth ‘storming Reichstag’ | Germany | DW.COM | 24.02.2017
- U.S. troops wounded in Iraqi offensive against Mosul
- Interview with the Women’s Committee of the TKP/ML TiKKO (guerrilla) – Nouvelle Turquie ow.ly/TxN8509Nkhn 1 day ago
- Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th birthday - Looking back at Malcolm X's FBI file on his 90th bi... ow.ly/hDa4509N7xn 1 day ago
- 2017 Suppressed News - February 22, 2017 Montreal Yemen South Sudan ow.ly/DYi9509N7lU 1 day ago
- India Condemns Deadly Shooting of Engineer in Kansas as FBI Probes 'Hate Crime' | World Affairs Journal ow.ly/YCR8509N7lT 1 day ago
- 4thWorldRadyo STILL seeking #WhitePeople to discuss #LorneAhrens & #WhiteSupremacy in the #Military & LEO via Skype… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.