FOX 5’s Bob Barnard spoke with the woman in the video who said she had done nothing wrong prior to being lifted by the officer. She told Barnard that she was involved in a verbal argument with a man, who she claimed was harassing another woman on the street. She believes that the responding officers perceived her as a threat which led to her being pinned against the vehicle.”It was harassment and I asked for the police officer’s badge – they wouldn’t give me no names, no numbers or nothing – so I left – I never knew this was being recorded.”The woman was not arrested or charged. She gave FOX 5 her name but asked that she not identified.The 45-second video posted at 3:48 p.m. on Monday has been re-tweeted over 5,000 times. According to the Twitter user who posted the video, the incident happened on 7th and T Streets across from the Howard Theatre in Northwest D.C.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- ‘Bye Becky!’ Protests Erupt Over Gentrifyng Brooklyn Bar That Promoted Itself With Fake Bullet Holes Behind $12... ow.ly/u83v50cZJQE 1 hour ago
- #DisruptJ20 Protester Receives Prison Sentence for Felony Rioting - DCMediaGroup ow.ly/fqmZ50cZGKM 2 hours ago
- #DisruptJ20 Protester Receives Prison Sentence for Felony Rioting - DCMediaGroup ow.ly/6v8r50cZGH7 2 hours ago
- At least 15 Kurdish YPG fighters killed by ISIS fire in Raqqa: official - ARA News ow.ly/WIf850cZFgi 3 hours ago
- Indiĝenaj Inteligenteco | A Fourth World Intelligence Newsblog ow.ly/xylN30dQXdQ 4 hours ago
- #DisruptJ20 Protester Receives Prison Sentence for Felony Rioting – DCMediaGroup
- #Turkey / #Activism / #Dissent / #HumanRights / #Istanbul/ #Ankara
- #UK / #Britain / #Arms / #Turkey
- He Spent Almost 20 Years Funding The Racist Right. It Finally Paid Off.
- Eton student who owned toddler-rape videos allowed to use false name to protect wealthy family | EvolvePolitics.com
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.