Held 14 Years Without Charge, CIA Torture ‘Guinea Pig’ Abu Zubaydah Asks for Freedom | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community – Both his representative and the government official emphasized Zubaydah’s good behavior in the prison as well as his condemnation of the Islamic State (ISIS). “He has no desire or intent to harm the united states or any other country, and has repeatedly said that the Islamic State is out of control and has gone too far,” the statement read. But as the Guardian noted, “during the publicly open portion of a quasi-parole hearing to consider his release from the prison at Guantánamo Bay, there was no mention of the torture endured by the 45-year-old Palestinian.” And despite President Barack Obama’s recent efforts to decrease the population of Guantánamo, one of Zubaydah’s attorneys, Joe Margulies, feels strongly that “Abu Zubaydah will not be released,” which Guardian reported David Smith attributed to his “deep knowledge of CIA torture.” Margulies continued: “Here’s the bottom line. Since Barack Obama took office, there is no one more different—who they thought he was and who he is—than Abu Zubaydah. He has done nothing that authorizes his continued detention. It is morally and legally unjustified.”
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- ‘Bye Becky!’ Protests Erupt Over Gentrifyng Brooklyn Bar That Promoted Itself With Fake Bullet Holes Behind $12... ow.ly/u83v50cZJQE 1 hour ago
- #DisruptJ20 Protester Receives Prison Sentence for Felony Rioting - DCMediaGroup ow.ly/fqmZ50cZGKM 2 hours ago
- #DisruptJ20 Protester Receives Prison Sentence for Felony Rioting - DCMediaGroup ow.ly/6v8r50cZGH7 2 hours ago
- At least 15 Kurdish YPG fighters killed by ISIS fire in Raqqa: official - ARA News ow.ly/WIf850cZFgi 3 hours ago
- Indiĝenaj Inteligenteco | A Fourth World Intelligence Newsblog ow.ly/xylN30dQXdQ 4 hours ago
- #DisruptJ20 Protester Receives Prison Sentence for Felony Rioting – DCMediaGroup
- #Turkey / #Activism / #Dissent / #HumanRights / #Istanbul/ #Ankara
- #UK / #Britain / #Arms / #Turkey
- He Spent Almost 20 Years Funding The Racist Right. It Finally Paid Off.
- Eton student who owned toddler-rape videos allowed to use false name to protect wealthy family | EvolvePolitics.com
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.