When Facebook acquired WhatsApp in March 2014, there were concerns that the company’s thirst to know everything about everyone would trickle down into the app and jeopardise the privacy of its users. In response, WhatsApp co-founder Jan Koum said in a blog post that the partnership wouldn’t compromise the app’s security-focused ethos.”Respect for your privacy is coded into our DNA, and we built WhatsApp around the goal of knowing as little about you as possible,” he wrote at the time. “If partnering with Facebook meant that we had to change our values, we wouldn’t have done it. Instead, we are forming a partnership that would allow us to continue operating independently and autonomously. Our fundamental values and beliefs will not change.”Two years on and it appears that WhatsApp is slackening its stance on the matter. The changes come as the app tries to bring businesses into the fold and let them connect with its global, multi-million user install base. As part of this, WhatsApp plans to explore different ways marketers – including the collection of businesses owned by Facebook –can communicate with users via the app.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:firstname.lastname@example.org
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Latest Hollywood Bombshell: Director James Toback Accused of Sexually Harassing 30+ Women ow.ly/pX7r50eMfA0 6 hours ago
- i-see-humans-with-no-humanity: the-anarcho-raver: kittenbillie... ow.ly/WowH50eMdOm 7 hours ago
- Will Catalonia Declare Independence After Spain Moves to Impose Direct Rule, Oust Catalan Leaders? | Democracy ... ow.ly/blLH50eMbVT 8 hours ago
- Don Lemon Goes Off on Trump WH: They Keep Refusing to Admit That... ow.ly/Raok50eMaPy 8 hours ago
- revolutionaryeye: Mass assembly of workers at the Catalan TV... ow.ly/e9km50eM1bp 9 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo // Normalising Internalised Repression: American Nativism and the Main-Streaming of Extrasensory non-European Self-Rejection
- #USA / #Afghanistan / #War
- Republican Rages at Widow of Fallen Soldier, Tells His Followers ‘She Should Be Attacked’
- Army Soldiers Tasked with Preventing Sexual Assault Are Instead Charged with Rape // Oct 20, 2017
- Gloucester man charged with terrorism in connection to Williamsburg IED explosion
- Kurdish forces capture ATGM missiles in Afrin – ARA News
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.