ANALYSIS: Kurds see ‘no friends but the mountains’ after US rebuke | Middle East Eye – The YPG on Thursday heeded the US order it must not control areas west of the Euphrates river, and has withdrawn some forces from the front lines around Jarabulus and Manbij, a town it took from IS earlier this month. But Kurds have taken the US statements to be proof of a collaboration with Turkey to undermine their goal of creating a contiguous confederation in northern Syria, after they have served their purpose as shock troops against IS. Erwin Stran, a US volunteer with the YPG, said the US statement was a stab in the back. “I guess it’s true what they say. ‘Kurds have no friends but the mountains’,” he told Middle East Eye. “I’m just as confused as I’m sure the Kurds are at this point.”
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Trump Promised to Resign From His Companies — But There’s No Record He’s Done So
- 4th World Radyo :: ‘False Promises, Broken Dreams and Ersatz Progressivism’ :: What Next for the International Afro-Left Under Trump’s White Nationalism?
- Trump’s Hotel Bans Press For Inauguration, Raising First Amendment Concerns
- Syria to UN: Israel launched missile attack, has conspired in civil war – Arab-Israeli Conflict – Jerusalem Post
- Resisting the Trump Administration: Tasks for the Left
- Is Donald Trump’s Insecurity a National Security Threat? - Is Donald Trump’s Insecurity a National Security Thr... ow.ly/RatP508Qgc4 43 minutes ago
- Legal Fund#DisruptJ20 ow.ly/WA5q308faJf 1 hour ago
- micdotcom:There were more than 34,000 reported cases of rape in... ow.ly/OtGQ508Qcve 1 hour ago
- Trump Promised to Resign From His Companies — But There’s No Record He’s Done So ow.ly/t6iJ508Q3pd 2 hours ago
- Indigenous suicide: Struggling communities get $10 million funding boost - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Co... ow.ly/f8Bn508Q3iY 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.