By Johnson’s telling, he hasn’t shaken another person’s hand since Jimmy Carter was president. His attorney calls this a blatant violation of his civil rights.“No court is going to take away the right of prison officials to use solitary confinement for a period of days or even months,” Bret Grote of the Abolitionist Law Center told The Daily Beast. “But how long is too long or too dangerous? Wherever that line may be drawn, we are way over it here.”In May, Grote filed a lawsuit on behalf of Johnson in federal court, accusing officials at Frackville and the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections of violating his client’s constitutional rights to be free of cruel and unusual punishment and to equal protection under the law by keeping him in solitary confinement for so long. Last week attorneys for both parties filed their final briefs in Johnson’s motion for a preliminary injunction. A ruling is expected soon.
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
- APNS/ANG RSS Feed
- ANG Tumblr Feed
- Inquiries : gmx.com + ‘apnsnews’
- Online Editor: gmx.pt + redaktoro
- Voicemail / gTalk + ‘aboriginalmediagroup’
- Skype + ‘AboriginalNewsGroup’
- VoIP + sip:email@example.com
- APNS Public Radio / IRB : RSS
- Leg ĉi tiu ĵurnalo En Esperanto
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- APNS Public Radyo#Indigenist #TalkRadio for Intelligent #Aboriginals ow.ly/yp8Y30dUD2H #Podcasts… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 minutes ago
- concerned Australians | Without Justice There Can Be No Reconciliation ow.ly/4C0230dUCMm 24 minutes ago
- wearerewire: (via Protests Heat Up At Abortion Clinic in North... ow.ly/E8JV50d1MqK 58 minutes ago
- Daily military reports – Airwars ow.ly/9WuU30dUvTI 1 hour ago
- San Diego, July 5: Latinx group, union members welcome Cuban labor leader – Workers World ow.ly/Grrn50d1JdO 1 hour ago
- 4th World Radyo // Personal Pedigree and Sociopolitical Power: The Skin-Deep Proportionality of Identity and Political Legitimacy
- #NoDAPL // WATCH: Two Arrested For Actions Against Dakota Access Pipeline
- #Wisconsin company offers to microchip employees
- July 25th: Event marks the International Day of Latin American and Caribbean Black Women in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul
- Petronas cancels $11.4-billion LNG project near Prince Rupert — Warrior Publications
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the
Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.